Thread: PM's full notification

PM's full notification

My PM's were full and I got an email as such. My question is, rather than waiting until the box is totally full and someone tries to send you another PM, can the system notify us with a little heads up? Maybe when we're say 5 messages from full? Or even when it's full, and NOT when someone sends a PM that makes it Full +1.

The way it's setup not is troublesome for both sender and recipient. The sender needs to redo the PM and send it again.

Thanks for considering this!

Matt,

I don't believe that the vBulletin software includes a warning system for a Private Message box being full. I will discuss the issue with Aaron Koehl to see if he could add the feature but I expect he will be hesitant to do so. The problem with modifying vBulletin is that every time a software upgrade is done all of your custom changes are gone and have to be reinstalled. The last major upgrade involved drastic programing changes that required every custom hack to be completely rewritten which is why Aaron's custom search feature doesn't work anymore and it would cost too much to pay him to write the code again and again and again...