Thread: Axiom cnc

Axiom cnc

I had enough of going back and forth between different machines with different options, and this morning placed an order for Axiom Autoroute 6 Pro. Somehow, it has everything I was looking for, including a very good price.
    They are new in the market, just started working with Rockler, so I was wandering if there is anyone else owning or operating one?
    I will post some picture as soon as it gets here, 2 weeks they say.

I have an Axiom Pro 6 and it is an excellent machine in my opinion. I have only had it about a month but if you have anything I can help you with let know. Their tech person (Chad is very helpful). Don't hesitate to call him.
    Curt

Axiom AutoRoute 6 Pro

It arrived, in just over a week.
    I've purchased their stand as well, made from welded steel tubes. It comes unassembled, but it is machined so well that I've managed to put it together in less than an hour, without any help.
    It's heavy, ant it took four people to lift it up and set on a stand. Frame is made from welded steel, bed has aluminum t-slots, mdf spoilboard(s), and everything except the Z-axis motor was already assembled. Spindle is water-cooled, but pump and reservoir are integrated in gantry, and both are additionally air-cooled... I like the solution, hate buckets.
    I am still playing with it, but so far so good... I like it.
    Here are few photos I took on day one...More photos to come as I install dust collection and level the spoilboard.
    DSC00957_new.jpg

DSC00961_1500.jpg

DSC00964_1500.jpg

DSC00966_1500.jpg

DSC00967_1500.jpg

DSC00969_1500.jpg

Looks nice. What is the X-Y-Z capacity?
    Please help support the Creek.
    I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize. - Steven Wright

610mm x 910mm x 150mm (24"x36"x6")

Very interested to see finished pictures of your new CNC, also a personal review of your experience using it.
    Regards!
    Ed

I'm looking into an Axiom, but the final decision hasn't been made on brand or type or size.
    Len

Nebojsa, have you been doing any practicing on the new Axiom, what do you think of the machine now that you've owned it for over a month?
    Len

I also have an Axiom

Quote Originally Posted by Nebojsa Trbojevic View Post
    610mm x 910mm x 150mm (24"x36"x6")
    Hi Nebojsa,
    I also just purchased an Axiom Basic4.
    I plan on doing more advanced things like mold making, aluminum motorcycle parts, tableware and so forth.
    In looking at their software selection as only being vetric, I was dissapointed.

I'm looking to purchase MADcam for Rhino5.

Anyways do you have a post file you can send me that might work with either MADcam or RhinoCam?
    You can email me at
    I would love to hear from you about your experiences with your Axiom, or if you have any questions for me.

ohwewl at live.com

Thanks!

Curt, which cad/cam package did you use with it? I am looking to use Fusion 360.

I use V Carve Pro to do my projects. Just upgraded to V Carve Pro 8.
    Curt

12. It's almost 2 years now, I'd like to hear if you guys are still happy with your Axiom machines? Does the controller they use work well?

That is a very good question!