Thread: White Elm tray, and why can I only upload 2 pic’s at the time ??

White Elm tray, and why can I only upload 2 pic’s at the time ??

Rough turned this 9 years ago, comes from a large White Elm I cut up and brought home, it did get a little narrower but everything else was unchanged.

So returned it and put some Polymerized Tung Oil on it, looks quite good I think

White Elm tray.jpg White Elm tray endview.jpg White Elm tray bottom.jpg
    Have fun and take care

I like the tray. The wood is so clear and the grain so uniform. The design appears simple and clean, but there's a lot there.

I've only been able to upload one photo at a time for awhile now. I though it was me or my browser.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Van Der Loo View Post
    Rough turned this 9 years ago, comes from a large White Elm I cut up and brought home, it did get a little narrower but everything else was unchanged.
    Must have been a very large tree! This piece is all quarter sawn, which would explain minimal movement. Very nice!

It's a beautiful piece. Love the look of the white elm.

Red
    RED

Always like seeing what you come up with Leo and as usual this piece is beautifully done. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful work! As mentioned the grain is fantastic. I love the way white elm turns and looks when done, but I hate the smell.
    USMC '97-'01

What is the size of your pictues? Size may be limiting how many you can loasd at once.