Thread: How warm can the water be to feed typical electric pressure washers?

How warm can the water be to feed typical electric pressure washers?

I understand there are HOT, WARM and COLD pressure washers. Warm have said to handle up to 180 degrees. Hot is up to boiling I guess.

My question is, does anyone know how mildly warm I can feed a typical electric pressure washer? The Sun Joe SPX3000 for example. Can I do 90 degrees? 100? 110?

Is there a specific list of parts I could upgrade that would allow warmer water?

Basically I just want to be able to wash some parts in WI's cold winters. Probably nothing below zero but maybe when it's 20-30 degrees outside. Thoughts?

Thanks!

According to the manufacturer, it's 104 degree inlet temp max. You'd have to contact the manufacturer to see if an upgrade kit is available.

http://www.snowjoe.com/Sun-Joe-Press...-SPX3000#specs
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

all the heated water pressure washers I have ever saw, both home owner and commercial pump cold water into the burner. I could see trying to pump heated water through the pump creating problems with metal expanding differently between the housing and plungers leading to seal failure - over time anyway. How long that would be would be anyone's guess.
    Universal Laser ILS 12.150D (48"x24") 135 watts total, with 60 watt and 75 watt laser cartridges. Class 4 Module (pass thru ability). Photograv 3.0, Corel X6, Adobe Design Standard CS4 Suite, Engrave Lab laser Version 8, Melco Single Head Comercial Embroidery Machine, The Magic Touch System with Oki C711WT printer, and Graphtec CE6000-60 plotter.

Sounds to me that you should contact manufacturer.
    Howie.........

I had a homeowner-grade power washer that I put hot water (120F) into for a few years, with no ill effects.

Awesome. Thanks for the input guys. Thanks for the specs Mike!! And reassuring note Dan.