Thread: ist run at a raised panel

ist run at a raised panel

the project was to try and program a raised panel and make it look like a frame with a shaped panel
    not a routed pathe
    Its getting there ,just a bit too slow ,next one should be better

http://youtu.be/TgKxQTSlqac mdf raised panel

the photograph does not show the raised 45 degree on the panel , its amazing how
    well it came out
    Attached Images Attached Images

After watching your video I understand what you did. The pics looked a little rough but that is because you routed plywood.

I assume your plan is to make the door without using any wood for rails and stiles. My question is how durable will the MDF be for the rails and stiles? Seems to me they could be subject to easy chipping on the edges if hit with anything while putting things in the cabinet.

Just my thoughts.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I could not find a piece of mdf so I used plywood and only 2 spots popped out and it was very smooth as I used a 8% stepover.
    Mdf when sprayed or painted will be fine and its not done as rails and stiles its one solid piece.
    if you use wood its going to warp because of the machining one side ,to use wood one would have to machine both sides.
    Contractors are saying why use wood when a lot of cabinets are painted now, and a good quality mdf will do the job have a look at purchased moldings.
    I have actually ran 3in strips of mdf through a shaper and primed and finished my own.
    This is in the experiment stages, as the time is important.
    A 2 hour run on a door is not feasible,a 30 mi run is better