Thread: Frame slop

Frame slop

any ideas what this means guys ? on my shenhui 350 laser i keep getting this message and i cant do anything ? totally baffled, think i have to reset the origin but dont know how to

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Preston View Post
    any ideas what this means guys ? on my shenhui 350 laser i keep getting this message and i cant do anything ? totally baffled, think i have to reset the origin but dont know how to

thanks
    Hello,

Please tell us a it more about your laser machine. Does this machine use servos? Does it use steppers?

What is the workable size? What is the size of the project the causes the errors?

Given that a complex design causes this problem, would a simple rectangle of the same size cause this problem?

if you make a 2 inch project in the middle of your worktable... And run it slowly.. Does the error occur?

How often .... And when does the error happen?

Ray Scott
    Ray Scott
    Owner/Engineer at Rabbit Laser USA

Advice... Never use your tongue as a multimeter.

thank you ray, not really sure regarding servos or steppers ? not mechanicaly minded. i have tried a square maybe 3 x 3 and keep getting the message frame slop. my workspace is 500mm x 300 mm. at is happening everytime i select a file ?

thanks

Frame Slop is Chinese/English for Frame Stop, it means you are trying to work outside of the machines hard limits (or Hard Stop)
    You did what !

Thank you dave
    i had a feeling that's what it meant , but I can't get it back to where it should be ?

It would really help if you put your machine , size and watts in your signature were working blind here
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hopefully I have altered my signature
    Shehui Sh-G350 50w laser

In LaserWorks, at the bottom left of the screen is a drop down menu where you can choose "Current Location", "Machine Zero", or something else which I can't recall at the moment ("Origin" I think). Sometimes this will get changed to "Machine Zero" all on it's own - which will then cause the "Frame Slop" error. I almost always use "Current Location".

To reset the origin simply manually jog the laser head to where you want it and push the "Origin" button on the LCD panel.
    Last edited by Rich Harman; 01-31-2015 at 8:49 PM.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    It would really help if you put your machine , size and watts in your signature were working blind here
    You can vector cut your whole table size, but the laser head needs about The left and right margins to engrave. So if you have a 18" table you can only really only engrave 16", but you can vector cut 18"
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Had same problem with my machine. Had to draw a box in laserworks / rdcam the size of my table and set as no output option. Everything engraved fine after that. Hope this helps.