Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

26 Jan 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
    I've been wrestling with a plug-in or a virus on my home PC and I'm having to use another computer to get this done while I try and figure out what's going on with my home machine. This is the first time in MANY years that I've picked up something on the web that is causing my Google Chrome to keep asking me to install Flash Player and media player 12.2....I just keep ignoring it all and try to get by while I try and figure this out. If you know what this is, please let me know.

My youngest son and I worked on getting the last task done in the MIL's apartment. Under counter lighting installed, pantry lighting installed, and a bit of caulk touch up. I am now officially done with the MIL's apartment.!!!!
    I start oncall duty today and I'm not real thrilled about it but it is what it is.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

One of the boys came home for the w/end.We stayed up 'till 2 a.m. talking Sat. night......all good stuff.Sunday afternoon we shot sporting clays down in the woods with my dad's 1922 L.C.Smith.Hunt(son)had never really been exposed to clays in the woods,having always shot out in the open fields.It is amazingly fast,dad's "elsie" was his upland gun.It needs some work where the stock meets the wood,just waiting for the right time to bed the area with epoxy.

google chrome should never ask for flash it has it built in, 1 thing you can try is click on the 3 dash marks on top right, go to setting, then on top left exstensions, see if you have anything in there you shouldn't. remove it if you do. What antivirus program do you use? A good free program to download and run is malwarebytes, the free version is good enough. It can remove alot of bad spyware type programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    26 Jan 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
    I've been wrestling with a plug-in or a virus on my home PC and I'm having to use another computer to get this done while I try and figure out what's going on with my home machine. This is the first time in MANY years that I've picked up something on the web that is causing my Google Chrome to keep asking me to install Flash Player and media player 12.2....I just keep ignoring it all and try to get by while I try and figure this out. If you know what this is, please let me know.

My youngest son and I worked on getting the last task done in the MIL's apartment. Under counter lighting installed, pantry lighting installed, and a bit of caulk touch up. I am now officially done with the MIL's apartment.!!!!
    I start oncall duty today and I'm not real thrilled about it but it is what it is.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.!

Hi, this was the weekend that the local women were over making 21 cupboards doors so I didn't do anything in the shop except serve tea, coffee and bake some muffins.

They have this clean up the shop the fetish, after they work they vacuum, they're making me look bad.............Rod.

Blog Entries
    We had Santa Ana winds here with gusts up to 60 mph, so largely time was spent indoors. I put 3 coats of lacquer on a guitar I am building. Afterwards, I decided to put my router into the extension on my tablesaw. All in all that went well but it seemed like every thing was just a little more difficult than it should have been. By 6PM last night, I had it in and the whole top was releveled, the fence recalibrated, and awaiting the inserts for the router table fence attachment.

I still have to reattach a drawer unit and miter gauge holder that I had on the previous extension. This will free up about 4 feet of wall space in the garage / shop.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Glued the doghole strip onto the front slab of my slowly coalescing Split Top Roubo. This was done in the dining room, because my unheated garage gets too cold at night for the glue, and I don't even want to think of how long it will take a 4"+ thick slab of hard maple to warm up enough for gluing. Note that getting the slab into the dining room was a bit of an adventure.

I also trimmed up some future pieces for another shot at a mobile base for my j/p. Did the layout for the condor tails on the bench. Oh, and tried to rescue a really, really cheap door from a neighbor's entertainment center. Frame and panel construction, solid "pine", super soft and weak, the door had fallen apart. Only a single "pocket" screw into each rail/stile joint, using gold utility screws. In the entirely likely case that the rework doesn't hold up, I'm going to try to mill up a new set of rails and stiles to make a new door for him. Fortunately, the piece is painted, so matching the finish won't be a problem.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.