Thread: AutoCAD LT 2007 or 2008

Question AutoCAD LT 2007 or 2008

For years I used AutoCAD LT 98, its not 3D but I only need 2D anyway. I learned CAD on AutoCAD Release 9 and have used other Autodesk products. Fast forward now to a computer with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Can't even load LT 98 let alone run so I am using Draftsight 64 bit a very nice program.
    But it seems you need to re-new your registration every year and put up with the almost daily marketing emails.

Draftsight works fine and it even reads AutoCAD files from 1992. It is so much like the real product there is no learning curve. You can buy the Pro version for $200 - $300 but it needs to have a yearly subscription paid of $99.

So I am thinking of purchasing a legal new and unused, forever copy of AutoCAD 2007 or 2008. Dan uses DoubleCAD and I am thinking of downloading and trying. Open to suggestions about AutoCAD LT and how it works on Win 7.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I have 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013 and 2014 ( I have to upgrade every year and they all run fine on win7 64bit
    You did what !

Longtime user of AutoCAD here as well. I used it in my architectural office until I retired, but kept a few licensed copies of AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map, and CAD Overlay. I still use them at times, and have never had any problem running them on Win 64.

Here is a link to the AutoDesk site showing compatibilities:
    http://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppor...utoCAD-LT.html

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

And then you can always run Win98 as a virtual computer on your Win7 64 bit machine. Then you can run AC LT98.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

I upgraded from XP to Win 7 last fall. I kept my XP system up & running just so I could keep using AutoCAD 2006. I would love to buy an AutoCAD 64bit program CD but can't justify the price tag.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Well I just ordered AutoCAD LT 2007 off an Amazon vender. Sealed box, never installed but we will see. Buying from an Amazon vender gives you protection and I did get a refund for one Item that failed to work. I don't mind paying and I don't want to be Nagged. Looked at DoubleCAD its pretty darn close, but I think they are even owned by Autodesk.

Autodesk has pricing at $1200 for LT and then a yearly required subscription fee.

When I was using Release 9 I made my own custom menus and also used a tablet. Made a lot of money doing sideline work designing and drawing control systems.
    Last edited by Bill George; 01-27-2015 at 12:07 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10