Thread: Router Planer Sled (Continued)

That is a really nice looking machine you have created. I think you would be an excellent candidate to build a CNC router either from a kit or from scratch.

Pretty slick Ted! So you can essentially thickness a panel thats 25" wide? Sweeeeeet!

Looks like you used nice materials, so Im wondering how much money it costs to build one of these?
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Pretty slick Ted! So you can essentially thickness a panel thats 25" wide? Sweeeeeet!
    Looks like you used nice materials, so Im wondering how much money it costs to build one of these? Fred
    Fred,
    This stuff is pricey. Check out Faztek and 80/20 on line. The saving grace for me is that it is like a big erector set and can be used for other projects.

I don't think that there is a woodworker that has not thought about a set up like this. You have gone ahead and surpassed most thoughts. How long has this plan been in your mind. GREAT JOB! Looks like it will work well.

Very cool Ted! I'm planning to build a wide planer sled in the near future and your design has given me some ideas. Thanks much!
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott T Smith View Post
    Very cool Ted! I'm planning to build a wide planer sled in the near future and your design has given me some ideas. Thanks much! Scott
    Scott, Thanks for looking. Can't you put a planer blade on your rig?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vSaqDL6xuU

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Scott, Thanks for looking. Can't you put a planer blade on your rig?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vSaqDL6xuU
    On my swing blade mill, yes. I think that I will have smoother results ith the router sled though (a sawmill is not usually a precision instrument!)
    Last edited by Scott T Smith; 02-08-2015 at 7:26 PM.