Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The great Chosera soaking debate

Blog Entries
    I ordered 3k and 1k Chosera's this morning, so I will be able to input with better information once I get some time on these stones. This replaces my 1k sun tiger and adds an intermediate step which may help between the 1k and 8k of the snow white.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Blog Entries
    Glad to have corrupted you. Hahaha. You will love the 3k. I mistakenly went from the 400 to the 3k yesterday and got good results. I just got in a hurry and mistakenly grabbed the 3k and did not realize what I had done until I got to the next stone and saw the 1k sitting there unused. I needed the 1k to make the transition smoothly, but was impressed nonetheless at how well the 3k did, and how much metal it takes off in literally just a minute's time.

Blog Entries
    Awesome! My current practice is Course DMT - 1k Sun Tiger - 8k Snow white. So rather than include the 800grt sun tiger or Fine DMT I'm moving toward;

325 grt DMT precision diamond plate to 1k Cho to 3k Cho to 8k Snow.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

On the drying after using water, I use a push to talk propane torch. It will dry a chisel or iron right off, but yes, takes common sense.

Blog Entries
    I have 800 and 3000 choseras for sale if anyone in interested. nothing wrong with them I've said it many times before they are the best water stones I have used, especially the 3k, but I use diamond\oil stone mostly now. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by Matthew N. Masail; 02-02-2015 at 2:21 PM.