Thread: New to me drill press and bandsaw

New to me drill press and bandsaw

Finally picked up a nice used drill press and bandsaw. I've been searching everywhere and finally had some luck!

Got a grizzly g1019 14" band saw for $75 and a 16.5" delta 17-900 drill press for $95.

Drill press needs nothing and I'm picking it up tomorrow.

Band saw needed a little attention however. Order new upper and lower wheel bearing and new tires. Got a link belt as well. Found a great deal in a complete grizzly fence with resaw attachment. Replaced the spring from iturra and pieced together a tension system with cast iron handwheel just like the highland woodworking setup.

In the near future I'm upgrading the motor to 1.5 hp, changing out the guides, putting a riser kit on it and possibly trying to fit a larger table from the g0555 extreme.

I'll be all in it for about 500, which isn't bad at all and I'll have gone over almost every inch of it.

Picked up a delta mobile base for it as well.

Just wanted to share since I'm very happy with the purchases!!

Brian

Nice score!!!! I'm always on CL etc. looking for something, and it seem like there's always a great deal on a ton of stuff I don't need but every once in a while ya' find a gem.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Fantastic deals! If your going to swap the motor on the bandsaw just put a 3hp motor on... the cost will be about the same as a 1.5hp. I often see 3hp motors on CL for really cheap!

Both of those should be good solid machines capable of many years of service!

Thanks guys!

And I thought about going bigger on the motor bit once you get above 1.5 hp I haven't been able to find a 56 frame motor that would fit, the size of the motor shafts and mounting frames change so they wouldn't fit the saw.