Thread: Shop Supplies

Arrow Shop Supplies

I was poking around over at WC last night and down deep in a thread I ran across a reference to a surplus store I hadn't seen before, http://www.surpluscenter.com . They are located in Lincoln Ne, and have been in business for a long time, take a look at the "about us" page....

The company deals in surplus and new equipment with just about anything in the way of parts you might need around the shop. NO, they are not WW tool sellers, but they do have a large selection of motors. In some areas, they over lap with Northern Tools, but they tend to focus on parts.

I just wanted to pass it along to the forum....

Standard disclaimers apply -- is that an "SDA?"
    Best Regards, Ken

Surplus Center is one of the best sources for vacuum pumps for turners who are interested in building a vacuum chucking system. They are also strong on things like motors and hydraulics...the latter is of interest to folks who have CUTs (Compact Tractors) and want to build additional implement capablities that utilize hydraulics.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've bought a vacuum pump and misc. parts to set up a vacuum chuck for my lathe from Surplus Center. Was very happy with my purchases. Another supplier I've had good luck with is Reid Tool Supply in Michigan(I can't recall what town). They're great for small parts such as knobs, pulleys, and other odd parts.
    SHEP