Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With my extra time I build this demo for the window in my shop

With my extra time I build this demo for the window in my shop

awardlit.jpgacrylic-plaque-small.jpg

Made the base from extra wood I had around. I laser cut the acrylic, then rounded the corners, and then flame polished the edges.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Nice! What type of light did you use in the base?

Very nice your images take a long time to load( I have slow Internet) maybe you could resize your images next time thanks
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Spell check on awards?

Quote Originally Posted by John Frazee View Post
    Spell check on awards?
    Dohhhhhhhhhh!
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Other than the typo, it looks great!
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

OOPs on the typo . The base is made from leds and I wired it to an ac adapter. I'll what I can do about the images.

Lol your image is 74k, that's tiny for a photo. Don't worry about it's size. Bert must still be on dial-up

The part I do not understand in this post is: “with my extra time”. I have no idea what that is, can you make it on a laser?

Trophy is a great idea for a shop window, sure to catch attention, the ball esp looks good.

Kind Regards, John
    60w EFI 6090 & 100w Z4 Reci 6090 G Weike Lasers, 4 X 4 CNC Router
    CLTT using Oki C822dn & Adkins Press
    Glass Sandblasting, Woodwork Shop, etc...
    V Carve Pro v8 & Photo V Carve, Lasercut 5.3, Corel Draw 2017 on Windows 7 and iMac (via Parallels), etc

Yea I don't know what happened when I went to open the pic's it took like 2 min's for them to open, I just opened again today and they popped right up. Must have had internet problems the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hilton View Post
    Lol your image is 74k, that's tiny for a photo. Don't worry about it's size. Bert must still be on dial-up
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Feed the Mice in the wheel Bert to make them run faster
    You did what !

Sometimes I see threads like this and wonder if it wouldn't make sense to mention a price you'd charge for something like that. Maybe you'd find members of SMC that like the product and have a need for similar work, but don't want to bother taking the time to PM and ask for pricing.

I think if a price was mentioned the Mods would move it to classified ad's
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

That was in regards to. I was laid off of my full time job, so I've had extra time to do a few extra things whilst I search for a new job.

How did you make theese wood base? With an cnc drilling ?