Thread: Portable Paint/stain booth

Portable Paint/stain booth

This advertisement came up on one of the web pages I happened to be on. Clicked for the heck of it and actually find it kind of interesting. Could probably build this with pvc from the big box stores but theres something to be said for having a complete package shipped ready to assemble. I've been spending the last two months expanding my shop and a finish booth is on the list, toward the end of the list but for this price, may just order. Any thoughts from the gallery......

http://www.formufit.com/paint-spray-booth-pvc-plan/

Need a way to supply exhaust / ventilation. Plan shows no opening provision for such.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

without way to remove what ya spray will not work very good. I have home made room for spraying. when spray small part without the fan on for the room not take long to fill up with fumes.....

I have used dog kennel 6x6x6 panels made from metal tubing and cyclone type fence. Using a panel for a top you can hang a lot of items from the wire. The kennel door is strong enough to mount an exhaust system. Filtered air intake can be mounted on one of the panel walls. I used the cheap blue tarps to cover the panels but the blue color isn't the best for viewing your items as you paint. If I do it again I will use 6 mil clear plastic or heavier and an explosion proof light source or put the lighting on the outside of the top panel.
    David B

My 'shop' is a 3 stall garage and I try to keep most of my tools and workbench etc in the single stall - which also an exterior pedestrian door.

I rig up a very simple paint booth when I need to spray. The pedestrian door is near the corner, so I have two 10' long pieces of emt conduit that I slip into some eyebolts in the ceiling, framing a 10' x 10' area. I then have several extra long, clear vinyl shower curtains that get hung from the conduit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lastly, to deal with the fumes, I made a light weight door that holds three window fans that slips into the door frame. Works out pretty well