Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Is There Any Way You'd Make A Wood Countertop For A Bathroom?

Good point!

Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst
    I would rethink that, Julie. Mother Nature wants that to fail.

Hows about a short [2" +/-] granite backsplash, with the mirror frame sitting on top of that? That would be as close to bullet-proof as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Hey Kent!

I have a Makore vanity top glued up for my bath, I'll send you a picture when its done and one every year to prove it can be done!
    Can we assume your bath will be top mounted and caulked? That's quite different from positioning boards vertically such that the end grain wicks water off the wet counter top, like a giant straw.

Just sayin'
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    I see the potential for this to spiral into a SawStop-esque debate.
    C'mon folks, just one more post and we'll surpass the longest Sawstop thread I could find
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I have an old quarter sawn white oak dresser I made into a vanity about 25 years ago. finished it with ploy. Has held up great! It does after 25 years of use need to be refinished but I will probly just recoat it with a couple coats of ploy again. (worked for the last 25 years!). We did have a local restaurant that had sinks made entirely out of wood. looked like they had coated them with epoxy. After a couple years use they still looked good. Always wanted to try that!
    Last edited by Sparky Paessler; 02-23-2015 at 3:37 PM.
    Sparky Paessler

I assume you meant poly.
    Scott Vroom

Bathroom vanity

Built this 3 years ago. No problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    C'mon folks, just one more post and we'll surpass the longest Sawstop thread I could find
    You actually researched that? Time to change your meds, Scott - something ain't right.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Sam Maloof's home has a wooden kitchen counter top, even right around the sink.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Did the tile backsplash in the master bath. Tile yesterday, grout today. The glass cutting blade cut the tile like a laser. No chipping at all.

Wood frame for the mirror will be installed probably next week. I have to remake the bottom pieces. Then I'm going to make a light fixture - FLR influenced.

Coversion varish.......!