Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Woodworking Table Saw Myth

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    John H.

You beat me to it. There are at least a dozen within 50 miles of me, although some must be made of gold, that $750 one looks real clean.
    Me too - RH tilt, tho..... as are #2 and #4 - can't tell on #3. The "gold" - #3 and #4 have 52" fence w/Biese, so that carries a bit of a price bump, as does Delta mobile base on #4. But still - your point is correct, Rick.

The moral of the story - you gotta have green folding money in an envelope, you gotta be willing to pull the trigger without endless pondering and supposing - there is a certain risk involved - and you gotta be ready to reply and hit the road immediately. You can get there and decline if your inspection shows it is a bad deal, but you aren't looking for, nor paying for, showroom quality. YOu need to be first in the door with the simoleans in hand in order to have a shot at playing.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

There is a PM66 for $550 just posted in DFW. They do exist. I saw a Unisaw a month ago that came with a Dust Collection system for $500.

Happens frequently in DFW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Stokes View Post
    There is a PM66 for $550 just posted in DFW. They do exist. I saw a Unisaw a month ago that came with a Dust Collection system for $500.

Happens frequently in DFW.
    Nick, it looks like this is your first post, so welcome to Saw Mill Creek. Looks like we need to be envious of your tool options as well as the warm weather down there this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Nick, it looks like this is your first post, so welcome to Saw Mill Creek. Looks like we need to be envious of your tool options as well as the warm weather down there this winter.
    Thank you for the welcome. I just saw the CL add and thought of this post, thought maybe I could help someone out.