Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ridgid & Home Depot

Boy I'm glad I read this thread. I'm in the market for a bunch of battery based power tools after my using the new 20V Max by dewalt. Others had almost convinced me that Ridgid's lifetime warranty was a LOT better.

At least they don't ensure YOU die after their batteries need replacing 3 times.
    Setting up a workshop, from standing tree to bookshelves

NOT A WARRANTY, but lifetime service agreement. If it was a warranty, under Moss - Mangus Act ( I think that's the correct name) you wouldn't have to sign up for anything. Ridgid is very explisite that's it isn't a warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    This sounds like a classic weed and deny scheme. If they genuinely wanted to honor their warranty as advertised they would make the process convenient, like DO IT AT THE REGISTER AT TIME OF PURCHASE for instance.
    Well...I finally got around to registering the spindle sander into "my tools" on Ridgid.com. I wasn't looking forward to the registered mail 2 step, but...damn, they changed the process. When registering on Ridgid.com if you provide the Home Depot 23-digit receipt number, they will automatically complete the process - nothing else required!

If this works then...well, consider my satisfaction automatically upgraded as well.

That's what I did but I still had to send them the receipt and UPC code.

When I check on it now online it appears that it went through since they removed "Incomplete" from the LSA button.

I should get an email next week confirming that.

I hope it works out. I had a little Rigid 1/4 sheet sander that I registered. So when it stopped working I took it to a Rigid authorized repair shop. They couldn't fix it. They tried but couldn't. They didn't think it could be fixed. So I just dropped it and bought a different sander (a Milwaukee which has since died).

I'm sure I will buy a Rigid tool again but the experience made me look harder at other brands.

:My recent thread about my odyssey with the Ridgid 12V drill, has convinced me to never buy a battery powered Ridgid tool again, although I have nothing against their tools....it's the batteries.

Four pairs of batteries, over several years, and one battery out of each pair was bad??? I didn't bother trying to re-register them again.

For sale: 12V drill kit, absolutely like new, except drill replaced three times, charger replaced three times, and batteries replaced four times.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    That's what I did but I still had to send them the receipt and UPC code.
    Where did you see that part? I saw it below as the "alternative" registration method. Nothing was said about still having to do the mail in process. I guess I'll just wait 2 weeks and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pleas View Post
    Where did you see that part? I saw it below as the "alternative" registration method. Nothing was said about still having to do the mail in process. I guess I'll just wait 2 weeks and find out.
    I got this email about a week after I registered online:

"Dear David,
    Thank you for choosing RIDGID power tools. Unfortunately, we encountered an issue when cross referencing your product and/or proof of purchase information with our records and were unable to upgrade your products to Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA) status. Please complete the instructions below to achieve Lifetime Service Agreement status on your products pending further processing and approval."

That's when I had to send in the original receipt and UPC from the box.

It's quite possible that you will not have that problem and won't have to do that.

I'll be very interested to hear if you get the email requesting the actual receipt and bar code as well.

I received my conformation of delivery and now I'm waiting...

You can check your status online.
    I received this reply email a couple of days ago. It doesn't request the receipt.

Dear Thomas,
    Thank you for choosing RIDGID power tools. Your RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA) registration on the product(s) below has been verified!

Inthe event that you require service on your products, please present yourCustomer ID at the time of service to a local RIDGID Power Tool authorizedservice center.
    Ifyour tool needs service in the future, bring your tool to an authorized servicecenter found at [link removed]. Note: If abattery requires service, bring in the battery, charger as well as the tool itwas sold with for a proper diagnosis. If a serialized piece of equipment withLSA status is ever replaced, you have 90 days from date of replacement to call1-866-539-1710 and re-register that piece of equipment. Proof of replacementrequired. Replacement products that are not re-registered within 90 days ofreplacement will not maintain LSA status. Also note that if a serialized pieceof equipment without LSA status is ever replaced under the 3-Year LimitedWarranty, the replacement piece of equipment will be covered by the 3-YearLimited Warranty only for the remaining time prorated from the original date ofpurchase or the date of manufacture shown on the originally purchased products.In other words, the 3-year limited warranty period does not "restart"from the date of replacement or from the date of manufacture shown on thereplacement product’s serial code. Visit [link removed]for full details on the RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement and the 3-YearLimited Warranty.

Cool! That's the email I'm waiting for.

Don't know why there was a problem with mine but it seems to have passed. Just haven't received the email yet.

Dave,

Just got the spjndle sander 3 weeks ago and got the same message as you stating they couldnt verify the sale and I had to mail in the receipt and UPC code - Just my opinion, I think Ridgid tries to do all they can to prevent people from getting the Lifetime Service registered - since the spindle sander is unique, its the last Ridgid tool I will buy- this is complete BS. I would feel different if they didnt advertise the LSA, but its on banners all over Home Depot and plastered all over their boxes...

Cool! That's the email I'm waiting for.

Don't know why there was a problem with mine but it seems to have passed. Just haven't received the email yet.

But that doesn't explain why some are getting that msg and others aren't.

In order for this to work, Ridgid and Home Depot have to work together. It could just be that they aren't able to do that very well.

For me, this is the only Ridgid tool I even care about. I need a spindle sander and the strong reviews were too much to ignore. The small belt sander is the perfect compliment to my Jet 89" oscillating belt sander.

I expect to get the thumbs up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pleas View Post
    Don't worry, you WILL get the email saying send in UPC and copy or receipt. I still in limbo on one I sent in Dec 2011. Despite sending it in TWICE, Ridgid says they never got it. But I have certificate of mailing in my "Ridgid Folder." Mailed them another copy last week, maybe the third time will be the charm?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Don't worry, you WILL get the email saying send in UPC and copy or receipt.
    Actually, I got an email a couple of hours ago saying:

"Thank you for choosing RIDGID power tools. Your RIDGID Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA) registration on the product(s) below has been verified!"

Well...the strangest thing just happened. I received a letter, at my home, in a business envelope from a company in South Carolina, with the paper trail of a (apparently failed) Ridgid battery LSA registration by a man in Massachusetts, documented on a tiny handwritten piece of paper on St Jude Children's Research Hospital letterhead. I have never heard of the company in SC or the man in MA (and his name is not on this SMC thread). I HAVE heard of St Jude. And Ridgid.

It appears that the man could not enter the serial numbers of the batteries online. He then wrote this tiny letter asking Ridgid to register the product, attaching some documentation of the serial number of the charger (which he WAS able register online), but nothing for the batteries. And Ridgid responded a couple of weeks later with a letter saying...they needed the serial numbers "for charger and both batteries". That, um, seems reasonable to me.

Am I missing something? Other than the obvious, which is why did this company choose to mail me these documents?