Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ridgid & Home Depot

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pleas View Post
    Well...the strangest thing just happened. I received a letter, at my home, in a business envelope from a company in South Carolina, with the paper trail of a (apparently failed) Ridgid battery LSA registration by a man in Massachusetts, documented on a tiny handwritten piece of paper on St Jude Children's Research Hospital letterhead. I have never heard of the company in SC or the man in MA (and his name is not on this SMC thread). I HAVE heard of St Jude. And Ridgid.

Am I missing something? Other than the obvious, which is why did this company choose to mail me these documents?
    Because now Ridgid (One World Tech.) will be able to say we contacted you and never heard back, so LSA is worthless. Unfortunately someone needs to start a "Class Action Suit" against Ridgid for fraud. Maybe if enough complained to their state Attorney Generals Offices, they would get on the band wagon, and protect us, which is what they are supposed to do. But this wouldn't bring great political benefits like some other types of cases do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Because now Ridgid (One World Tech.) will be able to say we contacted you and never heard back, so LSA is worthless.
    I suppose - though this letter from Ridgid also had, highlighted in yellow, an 866 number to call to discuss the issue.

So, contrary to my expectations my spindle sander registered easily, online only, with no need to send in the box chunk. Which I guess I can finally throw out along with the paper registration form. But I can sure see someone expecting the process to work, disposing of the box, and then getting that communication saying "send in the box UPC". I'm wondering if the week or two between purchase and registering gave time for the sales record to propogate to Ridgid?

At this point I'm not inclined to see the LSA as a conspiracy, but I do think they could be doing a better job.

I'm still curious why I was sent this documentation by someone else.

Well today, the LSA on my drill / light from 2011 was activated. Three years, three months, less two days is all it took. I've sent in paper work or copies THREE times. Talked to person to whom third copy was addressed this morning. Was told she had received NOTHING, and I should send it again. Tonight get email showing LSA registration for 2011 is now complete. However the drill / driver I registered online in January doesn't show LSA status yet.

This thread makes me wonder if Ridgid was taken over by Delta.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Personally, I love Rigid tools, although I am just a hobbiest, not a professional at woodworking. I have the drills, shop vac, r4512 table saw, and a couple of other items. All have the LSA. I only go back about four years with the LSA and I have had to use it with the miter on the table saw. They were very quick in sending me a new miter at no charge. What I have done since reading this thread is to go to the Rigid web site that has all my LSA tools and took a picture of that page for my records in case I ever run into a problem like some of you have had.

I registered my account on the ridgid website. They then asked me to fill out a form and send the original receipt and the UPC. 8 weeks later I get all my papers back asking me to fax the serial number UPC. I do that. Still nothing.
    6 more weeks pass. I finally called them up this morning and after a bunch of questions such as what is your customer number (generated when you first register on the web site), they ask me to read out the serial number on the tool. After that I was told that I was now registered. I finally got the email this afternoon confirming the fact.

Looks like you just have to be persistent and have copies of everything.

Vijay

Quote Originally Posted by Vijay Kumar View Post

Looks like you just have to be persistent and have copies of everything.

Vijay
    AMEN!!! Only took me almost three years, and three months (lacking two days.) I'm not sure what their problem is, but it doesn't seem to be going away. Now I have another drill / charger / batteries to deal with. All were registered on same day, but batteries don't show up as LSA-DUH?

I own some Ridgid air tools, a 2HP, router, a trim router, the Oscillating Sander, and some vacs -- no battery tools. I've had good luck with all these tools, but the LSA stuff is just too much. Life is too short. I'm buying Festool when I get a new drill. May be more money but I trust them more than the big box stores and the hops thy put customers thru.

I've got a Festool track saw and love it. I'm willing to pay more for actual German engineering/manufacturing, and the piece of mind that I won't be spending the next "X" years sending in form after form.