Thread: where to buy wood for turning in delaware

where to buy wood for turning in delaware

looking for info for turning wood---tks,joe

Joe, I've been turning for about 8 years now and except for one large tree trunk, which was loaded with burls, I have never purchased wood. Look at craigslist, check with any local tree services, and just keep your eyes open while driving around in your area. Of course if you take this course then you need to have the tools to harvest and cut up the trunks into blanks. Meaning you need to have a good chain saw and the ability to use one efficiently and safely.

You can also check the Bay and Woodcraft as well if you just want to buy them.
    Tony

"Soldier On"

I been turning 7 now bought very little wood .Like Tony said tree guys & chain saw. there is a site called wood barter buy sell trade .

Joe, if you elaborate a little on what you are interested in turning you might get more useful suggestions. I'm with Tony though and prefer to use free wood, but it might depend on what you are turning. I've got some wood from Cook woods, Big Monk lumber and Ebay before, for special projects.

Flegal in kennet square...lots of great wood, very reasonable

I wood join a Woodturning Club and meet some new wood there. You will also learn turning skills. If you still need wood send me a private message.