Thread: Pre cut plywood around Asheville, NC?

Pre cut plywood around Asheville, NC?

Hey. I heard on a woodworking show that there are places you can buy plywood and give them a cutlist and they cut it for you. Anyone know of a place like that around Asheville, NC? I need to build a planer stand and don't have a table saw. Thanks.
    Take the meanest, rustiest plane you have. Clean it, grind and
    sharpen the blade like a razor, and then set it up. Now, with the
    plane set very fine, run it over a scrap of oak. Hear the sound it
    makes, and feel the perfect finish. What a thrill! --John Brown

The Home Depots around here have a panel saw and will make a couple of cuts for free, then charge after that.

I don't have a table saw either but cut plywood with a circular saw run against a batten.

Is the Educational Lumber Co. still there? Possibly not,since so many schools have dropped shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Belair View Post
    The Home Depots around here have a panel saw and will make a couple of cuts for free, then charge after that.

I don't have a table saw either but cut plywood with a circular saw run against a batten.
    I often buy plywood and get it broken up that way. My reason is for ease of loading and hauling. I have a table saw and a track saw I could use. I have noticed that my Home Depot and Lowes both use really coarse framing blades. Some operators are more accurate than others too. I usually have them cut the pieces a little larger than what I need and then resize the material in a more accurate way with good blades after I get home. Getting your salesman to cut to size at the store may be a good solution, but try to have him make as good of cuts as he possibly can.