Thread: Dust bags for oneida collector

Dust bags for oneida collector

I'm assembling a new Oneida dust collector that has a 35 gallon drum. What do you use for bags to line the drum? The drum diameter is about 22".

Thanks,

Len

I don't line mine. I just empty it into a bag.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I use 3 mil, 55 gallon bags from Penn State Industries. Although I see the price of their bags are double today what I paid for a case 9 years ago. But I'm only about 1/2 way through the case.

I use HD contractor trash bags which seem to work well and seal tightly around the top....I cut a couple of boards to lay on the bottom to hold down the bag....a round of plywood might also work....important to get most of the air out from between the bag and the can or the can will prematurely fill....I fish out the boards before throwing away the bag....works good as the bags are tall enough to tie the top.

I purchased some 3 mil 42 gallon bags from Sams Club which are working well. Like Bob Says, put a couple of boards in the bottom of the bag. I use cutoffs of bowl blanks. I don't worry about fishing out the boards when I change out the bags.