Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LV has free shipping again . . .

LV has free shipping again . . .

No affiliation. Just wanted to make sure you got word.

Guys, that doggone thread about "which premium plane would you buy" is stirring me up again. I need that $250 Low Angle Jack like a hole in the head. But I got the BU Jointer a couple Christmases ago. And the BU Smoother this past Christmas. And this WOULD complete the set. And I DO have the gift money.

... But I already have a #5 Frankenplane that works just fine, even with a $3 Buck Brothers blade in it. And a #6 Bedrock for shooting. And Id really like a Grammercy saw. And I really would enjoy rust hunting to find a better #5. And my plane till is completely full.

But Ive always admired that Low Angle Jack...

........... heeelllllppp meeeeeeeee. Im falling further down the sloooooope!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Go for it. I mostly use mine on shooting board or when cleaning up dovetail endgrain, it works well for that.

Funny how my shopping cart there grows between free shipping days.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post

Guys, that doggone thread about "which premium plane would you buy" is stirring me up again. I need that $250 Low Angle Jack like a hole in the head. But I got the BU Jointer a couple Christmases ago. And the BU Smoother this past Christmas. And this WOULD complete the set. And I DO have the gift money.

... But I already have a #5 Frankenplane that works just fine, even with a $3 Buck Brothers blade in it. And a #6 Bedrock for shooting. And Id really like a Grammercy saw. And I really would enjoy rust hunting to find a better #5. And my plane till is completely full.

Their plow plane is really nice also...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Funny how my shopping cart there grows between free shipping days.

Good, I want to see these people stay in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    Their plow plane is really nice also...
    Yeah, it sure is! Chris Griggs convinced me to buy that one last year. I love that tool. It cuts so beautifully. I keep hoping to tune my wooden dado planes to cut so nicely, but so far Im not there. (Harder to get that perfection in a cross-grain cut than a with-grain cut. But Im getting better.)

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Well thanks..dammit....
    In all seriousness, the LA Jack is fantastic. I've got the LA Jointer and BU Smoother as well. Nice 3 plane system, with interchangeable blades.
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro View Post
    Well thanks..dammit....
    In all seriousness, the LA Jack is fantastic. I've got the LA Jointer and BU Smoother as well. Nice 3 plane system, with interchangeable blades.
    I tried the LA smoother and the LA joiner at the Columbus Ohio wood working show. The LA Joiner is going to be my next plane purchase, I think.

Almost afraid to try the LAJ, as I have two well tuned pre-war Stanley #5's that work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    I tried the LA smoother and the LA joiner at the Columbus Ohio wood working show. The LA Joiner is going to be my next plane purchase, I think.

Almost afraid to try the LAJ, as I have two well tuned pre-war Stanley #5's that work well.
    Well, it's too late for me..SAVE YOURSELVES,
    Maurice

Of course they offer it now. I just received my order of inlay tools last week and don't get paid until the end of the month, so I'll miss this one. First world problems...

But can your #5 Frankenplane double as a reasonable shooter? LAJ can. That's a fact, Jack.

Clearly the solution here is to buy the LV shooting plane. I'm sure it would do a better job than the #6. Afterall, the #6 isn't low angle, now is it?

Owwww. You guys are killing me!

Blog Entries
    But I got the BU Jointer a couple Christmases ago. And the BU Smoother this past Christmas. And this WOULD complete the set. And I DO have the gift money.
    I also have this trio and a couple extra irons. This gives me a multitude of bevels that are interchangeable among the planes. I got the LV LAJ first and followed up with the planes you already have so my experience was reversed. I have never been sorry that I have the LAJ; very versatile.

SB-Guide-Rail 003.jpg . hotDogTote 3.jpg . hot dog slot-finish 009.jpg
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Don't ask me to help. I will just drag you further into addiction. image.jpg