Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LV has free shipping again . . .

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I also have this trio and a couple extra irons. This gives me a multitude of bevels that are interchangeable among the planes. I got the LV LAJ first and followed up with the planes you already have so my experience was reversed. I have never been sorry that I have the LAJ; very versatile.

Attachment 306844 . Attachment 306842 . Attachment 306843
    Glenn, did you use Derek Cohen's tutorial to make the hotdog?
    Maurice

The question is, how many wives will take advantage of the Lee Valley Wish List e-mail that gets forwarded to them for Valentine's day? Not much time left to start dropping hints. I'm thinking a set of paring chisels would make for a nice Valentine's Day gift. I wonder if my wife would like a set?

Wives LOVE chisels! Particularly sets of long paring types. Go for it.
    Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Joe A Faulkner View Post
    The question is, how many wives will take advantage of the Lee Valley Wish List e-mail that gets forwarded to them for Valentine's day? Not much time left to start dropping hints. I'm thinking a set of paring chisels would make for a nice Valentine's Day gift. I wonder if my wife would like a set?
    Wrap them in red ribbons and attach a picture of the item you intend to build for her, for which you just must have the chisels to do the job.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Question

Well, thanks for helping my willpower guys. ("Yeah RIGHT!", says the bitter tool addict!) I need another plane like a hole in the head, but I just pulled the trigger on that Low Angle Jack. It was time for a fix, I guess.

Time to crawl back into my alley and wait for the tool high to hit.....

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

One more week...

Be strong, Dave, be strong...

Somebody tie me to the mast! ....

Oh crap, too late.

I just bought the Veritas bullnose plane which I've wanted since I was 6.

OK, maybe I left off a zero, but it's a ZERO! It has no value!

Then of course, I had the epoxy stick in my wish list so they made me buy that...

These people are evil. Pure evil.

BUT SO AM I! IT'S A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!

If this were the 22nd century this would be on my door step NOW! OH, I was born too soon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zellers View Post
    If this were the 22nd century this would be on my door step NOW! OH, I was born too soon ...

I suppose if it were the 22nd century that we're being promised, they would just transmit the code to your home 3-d printer, and it would emerge from the printer an instant later.

Oh, and we'd have jetpacks, but those are overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    I suppose if it were the 22nd century that we're being promised, they would just transmit the code to your home 3-d printer, and it would emerge from the printer an instant later.
    Oh, If only!

I could be downstairs playing with it already.

Instead, It will probably be FRIDAY for Heavens sake!

OY!

You think you've got it bad. Not only do I have to wait for my LV BU Jack and Rabbit planes, I won't even be able to use them until the doctor gives my shoulder the go ahead I guess I'll just stare at them.

During a free shipping event in early September last year, I placed a substantial (for me at least) order with Lee Valley. I think it was about $400 worth. Long story short, the parcel only arrived today due to local post office strikes and general incompetence.

I re-ordered a lot of the items from the missing order last week to take advantage of the free shipping as every dollar counts. Thankfully Lee Valley were behind in getting the orders out so they were able to remove the duplicates.

Great service as usual.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    During a free shipping event in early September last year, I placed a substantial (for me at least) order with Lee Valley. I think it was about $400 worth. Long story short, the parcel only arrived today due to local post office strikes and general incompetence.

I re-ordered a lot of the items from the missing order last week to take advantage of the free shipping as every dollar counts. Thankfully Lee Valley were behind in getting the orders out so they were able to remove the duplicates.

Great service as usual.
    Man, thats a long time to wait for a shipment. Ive been meaning to ask - so you decided not to place the monster order you were considering when they had free shipping after Christmas? You were about to go fishing and showed us some gorgeous pictures of the water.

Take care,
    Fred

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Well, thanks for helping my willpower guys. ("Yeah RIGHT!", says the bitter tool addict!) I need another plane like a hole in the head, but I just pulled the trigger on that Low Angle Jack. It was time for a fix, I guess.

Time to crawl back into my alley and wait for the tool high to hit.....
    Frederick, great choice! You will love that plane, I guarantee it. I need to make a hotdog and an angled shooting board for mine.
    Maurice

Fred, I did place that order. I have a free shipping abuse problem it seems. The fishing was incredible, even managed to catch some lobster and turtles (but not by choice). On the way back we were stranded for 24 hours due to severe flooding and four rivers had burst their banks and plenty of big rigs were overturned trying to get across the bridges.

For last week's order, I placed it and then only later after looking at what I'd ordered did I realise that I had added a replacement blade for the Stanley #80 scraper. I already have two (one ordered in the December free shipping) but don't ask why I have five of those scrapers.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    Fred, I did place that order. I have a free shipping abuse problem it seems. The fishing was incredible, even managed to catch some lobster and turtles (but not by choice). On the way back we were stranded for 24 hours due to severe flooding and four rivers had burst their banks and plenty of big rigs were overturned trying to get across the bridges.

For last week's order, I placed it and then only later after looking at what I'd ordered did I realise that I had added a replacement blade for the Stanley #80 scraper. I already have two (one ordered in the December free shipping) but don't ask why I have five of those scrapers.
    They seem like a highly useful tool.