Thread: New Shenhui Laser

New Shenhui Laser

I've got a new Shenhui laser with two tubes. I tested one tube but can't quickly figure out how to test the other tube using the onboard controls. Can someone tell me how to test that tube - before I have to go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Harris View Post
    I've got a new Shenhui laser with two tubes. I tested one tube but can't quickly figure out how to test the other tube using the onboard controls. Can someone tell me how to test that tube - before I have to go to work.
    ?? remove installed tube with other no test. Safest way.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

The laser is a dual tube deal - 80W and 100W.

I figured it out....seems all I had to do was increase the potentiometer a bit to get a mark with both tubes. This is gonna take some time!

What do I need to read to find out how to use either tube? I don't believe Shenhui sent me the instructions on how to do this!

AND...if you will please, tell me what the latest version of Corel Draw goes well with the software supplied - RDWorks I think it is.

Not using RDWorks but I had Corel Draw X6 working with no problems with RDCam, bought X7 but which works with Windows 7/8/8.1 but when installing RDCam it didn't give the option of CorelDraw Laser plug-in for X7. It had 11,12,X3,X4,X5 and X6. So, I'm back with CorelDraw Graphics Suite X6.
    I have a Shenhui 350G 50W Co2 from eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Symonds View Post
    Not using RDWorks but I had Corel Draw X6 working with no problems with RDCam, bought X7 but which works with Windows 7/8/8.1 but when installing RDCam it didn't give the option of CorelDraw Laser plug-in for X7. It had 11,12,X3,X4,X5 and X6. So, I'm back with CorelDraw Graphics Suite X6.
    I have a Shenhui 350G 50W Co2 from eBay.
    hi ian
    could you tell me how you are not using rdworks ? I have Corel draw which I use to set up then transfer to rdworks, I thought that you had to use rdworks all the time. I don't like rdworks myself but was just wondering if there was anyway I could use Corel draw directly to the laser? I have the same laser as yourself

thank you

rob
    Shehui Sh-G350 50w laser

AFAIK, Shenhui (and most Chinese?) lasers cannot use CorelDraw directly. They do not use the "print driver" model. There always is an extra step or two in moving your drawings from Corel to RDxxx. They do have plug-ins that will move the file to LaserWorks (although somewhat imperfectly in my hands).
    Last edited by John Noell; 03-28-2015 at 7:21 PM. Reason: correction
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

There are plugins for Corel, Illustrator and AutoCAD that allow files to be sent direct to the laser...depends on what the card is though, not sure about Shenhui but Leetro machines will
    You did what !

I run a Shenhui laser and use LaserWorks V6. It has a plugin for Corel. Haven't used it though, as I use Inkscape.

On on a side note, just upgraded my machine from the supposed 50w tube to a 60w tube and power supply and am now cutting through 3.5mm plywood at 22mm/s rather than 6mm/s on the old tube.

When you say "test" what exactly do you testing?
    If you need align two beans or measure a tube power you can block one bean path with something(I use small ceramic tile). It is not the safest method because the tile must be put near an output window of a tube. That can create problem with a smoke from a tile burn sticking to the lens of the window. But if you put it at some distance from the window and keep it watching that should be ok. That's just a quick method.
    The most safest method is to disconnect power from one tube so only one can fire.
    GCC Spirit GX Pro 100W(synrad)
    Laserlife Ezlaser LCW 300W(Yongli DLT-300)

If your laser has come with both beans aligned at the factory I would never try testing by removing one tube. It will take a lot of time to align two beans into one.
    Unless your two tube design is not supposed to be used with both tubes firing at the same time.
    GCC Spirit GX Pro 100W(synrad)
    Laserlife Ezlaser LCW 300W(Yongli DLT-300)