Thread: Sawstop blade alignment

Question Sawstop blade alignment

I purchased a Sawstop Professional Cabinet Saw 3.0 hp. I was anxious to use and did no blade or fence alignment prior to use. My cuts did not seem satisfactory. I am now trying to correct the blade alignment with a Woodpecker's alignment tool. The blade was found to be 0.0034 out. I loosed the 4 bolts as per the manual. I moved the allen screws to the limit on the right rear and can only improve alignment to 0.0014 out.
    Any suggestions to improving this misalignment?
    Thank you.

You should move this thread to the power tools section. If your blade is aligned within 14 ten thousandths you are doing great. If that is a typo, make sure you check for misalignment in the blade itself as described in the Sawstop manual. If your misalignment is in the arbor flange rather than the blade, call Sawstop technical service. They are very happy to help.
    Last edited by Jon Nuckles; 02-15-2015 at 9:23 AM.

Found this in another forum. Hopefully someone here will be able to assist John with his alignment questions.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Is this a new saw?

Contact SawStop. Their tech folks will be glad to speak to you and help you get you saw aligned.
    Howie.........

Blog Entries
    If you are at 14 ten thousanths in the right direction (to the fence). Lock it down and get to work.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I'm amazed you can measure to the ten thousandths. My dial only does thousandths. My PCS was .001" out of the crate for blade to miter slot and fence to miter slot/blade. That's as good as it's going to get. Cut wood!

That is well within specs; that's actually very good for a table saw.

I have to concur with the other posters. She's ready to cut some wood.

one question are you measuring the arbor or at the blade?

Heck a blade can be out that much!

It is highly unlikely the OP has a good enough setup and good enough instrumentation to measure anything at the sub 0.001" level. I think he must have meant 0.014".