Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SawStop Sliding Crosscut Table

SawStop Sliding Crosscut Table

I was looking at the SawStop at the local Woodcraft over the weekend and they had it set up with the SawStop sliding crosscut table attachment. http://www.sawstop.com/crosscut

I pretty much fell in love with it and believe I'll have to include it when I buy my SawStop in the next few months. It's a $1k accessory but was smooth as butter and seemed like it would be infinitely useful.

Anyone else have the slider? Opinions?

For $1000 I'd just use a crosscut sled or buy the Incra 1000HD, but that's just me.

Those are definitely cheaper alternatives but neither will let you crosscut a full sheet of plywood...

Heck, for $1000 you could buy a real nice track saw and still have money left over for other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Klein View Post
    For $1000 I'd just use a crosscut sled or buy the Incra 1000HD, but that's just me.
    I loved that CC sled, but thats what I did, but I will say it's a lot cheaper, but some tasks it would be awesome for. I don't use that much sheet goods so I found the tradeoff worth it. I do love my 5000 sled from Incra.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wolfe View Post
    Heck, for $1000 you could buy a real nice track saw and still have money left over for other stuff.
    For $1,200, you could get a TS 55 and MFT/3.

In stead of buying SawStop and its crosscut device, I would just look for new/used Euro sliding table saw or used Euro saw/shaper combo.

Quote Originally Posted by James Zhu View Post
    In stead of buying SawStop and its crosscut device, I would just look for new/used Euro sliding table saw or used Euro saw/shaper combo.
    I'm buying the SawStop for its safety features. I'm a software engineer by day and 10 working fingers are vital to my livelihood...

I was in woodcraft few weeks ago and checking out sawstop with sliding table. I have the grizzly after market slider on my 1023 and the quality of the sawstop slider is WAY better.

There was another thread about this recently. I think the two most common issues were:

(1) the lack of positive stops for 90 and 45 degrees, which called into question the accuracy (may just be perception), and

(2) the insane price.

Do a search and you should find the thread. There was at least one person in that thread who owned the sliding table, so you should send him a message about it.

I'm 63, been doing woodworking since junior high school, and still have all my fingers. But I have had boards kick back. The only kick backs I've had on my sliding table saw, was the scrap cut off on the right side of the blade when crosscutting. And I was on the left side of the slider. I consider a sliding table saw much safer than a sawstop.

I was checking out the same slider this last week. The 3hp saw and slider was $4000. Hard to justify for my hobby shop, but I want it.

I'm in the "for that kind of money, just buy a Euro slider" camp. I'm sure they'll sell lots of them, but in my opinion it misses the mark in too many areas, especially for $1000.

I have the jessem version and love it. The sawstop has two problems the cost and the legs. Jessem is supposedly coming out with a new one but dont hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by James Zhu View Post
    Right here. After the money spent for the SS + xcut sled, you are in the realm of a true sliding table saw. Once I realized this, my desire for SS waned quite a bit.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.