Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SawStop Sliding Crosscut Table

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Aspö View Post
    I think the OP said he was a hobbyist (like me) so I don't think a big format style slider is the ticket if space is a concern.
    A small slider has the same footprint or maybe a bit less than a cabinet saw with 52" rails and you can always remove the outrigger and it will be smaller than the cabinet saw. In feed and out feed areas are the same for both as a sheet is a specific size no matter how big the saw is. I use my K3 slider every day and I might use the rip fence once a month and mostly less as all ripping is done on the sliding table and all the rip fence is used for is a measuring stop for the width of the rip. See here....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0PyFjtSHrE
    The slider used this way is way safer than the SS because your fingers are nowhere near the blade and kickback is impossible because the rip fence is not used. This is the original video, bad quality but it is where the F&F Jig comes from....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqzVglze9Nk
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Tippin View Post
    I'm buying the SawStop for its safety features. I'm a software engineer by day and 10 working fingers are vital to my livelihood...
    In a jobsite saw, I have the new Bosch REAXX with the sensing technology that functions much the same way as the Sawstop functions. In a "cabinet" size saw, I chose a European slider. I feel much safer with the slider since my hand gets nowhere near the blade when using the saw. You can have both with the Sawstop slider, but it's akin to wearing a belt with suspenders. Choosing between my two if they were both in the room, the European slider would be the choice every time. It's simply much safer.

Hi all. I teach woodworking at Paw Paw High School. Just recieved 2 SS ICS 36" and 52" with sliding tables. I only installed one on the 36" because I plan on using that one for mainly dado stacks and cross cuts. I'm not a big fan of the stops and the need to have a tool to remove the fence. I do feel it will provide added safety and accuracy if use properly. It is a 100% improvement from our shop made cross cut sled.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aeschliman View Post
    There was another thread about this recently. I think the two most common issues were:

(1) the lack of positive stops for 90 and 45 degrees, which called into question the accuracy (may just be perception), and

(2) the insane price.

Do a search and you should find the thread. There was at least one person in that thread who owned the sliding table, so you should send him a message about it.
    you don't need positive stops on a miter. You do way more measurements with a tape measure and it doesn't have positive stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson View Post
    I have the jessem version and love it. The sawstop has two problems the cost and the legs. Jessem is supposedly coming out with a new one but dont hold your breath.
    What legs are you talking about. The professional is a cabinet saw.

I have a SawStop Pro 3hp. Not only does it have the safety feature but it is a great saw besides.