Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disgusted

Gloves for winter? I just use 2 pair of those cotton work gloves. One inside the other.
    You can get 6 pair for $7.
    That's what I do - but - you have to take into account that both of us are old farts that don't care what we look like!
    We don't have anyone to impress. Our wives and dogs are still happy to see us and bot wag their tails at us once in a great while.

The younger crowd has a duty to at least present themselves as something other than the king or queen of the homeless ball! .

P.S. I sure do like those three packs of brown work gloves you can buy for $.99. I have a whole 24 quart storage tub full of those!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Cotton work gloves? LOL. I'm out clearing my property in the dead of night, often when it's still snowing and something less than 0 degrees. Even my insulated leather work gloves are near useless. The instant they get slightly damp, I may as well have just stuck my hands straight in a snow bank. I need real, waterproof gloves. I wish I knew what I did with my snowboarding and snowmobiling gloves. They disappeared last year to parts unknown. Grrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by John Coloccia View Post
    It's the middle of winter here. We're getting hammered with snow storms. It's cold as heck. You'd think I should be able to go out to a store and buy winter gloves.

Nope. They've already switched over to summer gear. Are you kidding me? I always try to buy local when I can, and support local businesses, but I've been ordering more and more online as I find local businesses are less and less interested in supporting me. Where is the value added for paying the brick and mortar premium?

Just a minor little rant. It really is disgusting, though. I guess they expect me to shop for winter in the summer time? Bah.
    Maybe those crazy Aussies who recently sailed out of RI bought them all up. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/1...ring-blizzard/

I love my Duluth Trading Company winter work gloves. Waterproof and rugged. Best wintertime work glove I've owned. I also bought a pair of regluar winter gloves to wear when out and about. Love them too. The cloth on the fingers allows me to use a touch screen on a cell phone. .. I don't use them for that but they work with the touch screen on my in dash nav system/radio...

I am going to buy a different pair for snowblowing that has a longer cuff. Maybe even a mitten... I love Duluth gear...
    Ymmv based on reviews...

Cotton work gloves? LOL. I'm out clearing my property in the dead of night, often when it's still snowing and something less than 0 degrees. Even my insulated leather work gloves are near useless. The instant they get slightly damp, I may as well have just stuck my hands straight in a snow bank. I need real, waterproof gloves. I wish I knew what I did with my snowboarding and snowmobiling gloves. They disappeared last year to parts unknown. Grrrrrr.

Hey John, every fall Costco's has great deals on winter gloves. I probably have at least four pairs here that are hardly used. Maybe we could work out a deal... you still trying to sell that house that was hit with one calamity after another?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Falsetti View Post
    Hey John, every fall Costco's has great deals on winter gloves. I probably have at least four pairs here that are hardly used. Maybe we could work out a deal... you still trying to sell that house that was hit with one calamity after another?
    I'm afraid it met with a untimely *burp* end.

Cotton work gloves? LOL. I'm out clearing my property in the dead of night, often when it's still snowing and something less than 0 degrees. Even my insulated leather work gloves are near useless. The instant they get slightly damp, I may as well have just stuck my hands straight in a snow bank. I need real, waterproof gloves. I wish I knew what I did with my snowboarding and snowmobiling gloves.
    That's exactly why I use the lightweight cotton work gloves. They just barely keep the wind and cold off my skin, but, just enough. Anything heavier/warmer & my hands sweat. Once that happens, like you said - useless.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I bought a pair a lot like these at a local Sears hardware store about 5-6 years ago. Love 'em. I do all my outside winter work (essentially snow removal) in them. So, if you happen to still have a local Sears store, you might check to see if they are available there.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Purchase them in August when they stock a full supply of winter gloves. Get with the shopping seasons. This is one of the many reasons I use Amazon to purchase things.

It's the middle of winter here. We're getting hammered with snow storms. It's cold as heck. You'd think I should be able to go out to a store and buy winter gloves.

Nope. They've already switched over to summer gear. Are you kidding me? I always try to buy local when I can, and support local businesses, but I've been ordering more and more online as I find local businesses are less and less interested in supporting me. Where is the value added for paying the brick and mortar premium?

Just a minor little rant. It really is disgusting, though. I guess they expect me to shop for winter in the summer time? Bah.
    yep its the time to switch to summer gear now.