Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Totally frustrated with Nikon pic uploading

There is no need to buy or download extra programs to do the resize. Transfer the picture to your computer and then open Paint which comes on all MS computers. Choose resize, change to pixels, specify the size you want and save.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I use IrfanView. It is free, and very versatile. You can get carried away, and do batch resizing, or do one file that you plan to place on a forum. You are given a choice of common sizes, or you can specify your own, or use percentages, etc.

You can even do batch renaming of files, so you don't have a gazillion "DSCxxxx" named files.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Reep View Post
    I use IrfanView. It is free, and very versatile. You can get carried away, and do batch resizing, or do one file that you plan to place on a forum. You are given a choice of common sizes, or you can specify your own, or use percentages, etc.
    You can even do batch renaming of files, so you don't have a gazillion "DSCxxxx" named files.
    I've been using IrfanView for years and it's a great program. It's free, but I have donated/contributed several times over the years, I like it that much.

Fotosizer is free and very simple to use. I use it to resize all my photos for uploading to here easy and free

http://download-start.com/en/ddl/101...iyUOYBIgCCuAsj
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I cant wait to try one of these programs this week.....
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

OK.....Irfanview use please

OK, I am out of my post op do nothing at all phase.

Am ready to upload my headache pictures of all the work in the shop that blew out my knee.

I downloaded Irfanview. It probably says somewhere in the website how to do it, but can someone hold my hand? Tell me exactly how to upload the pics

BTW the file size is only 7778 bytes jpeg.

File limit jpeg is 107.5kb.

7778bytes is less than 107.5kb, right?
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Blog Entries
    I've been using PIXresizer for years. Free and you can resize batches. I download from the camera, delete my usual ratio of bad photos and then resize the whole batch in one step. I just set the maximum dimension to 800 and it takes care of the rest.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by David Ragan View Post
    ....BTW the file size is only 7778 bytes jpeg.

File limit jpeg is 107.5kb.

7778bytes is less than 107.5kb, right?
    Open file in Irfanview, Under File menu drop down, click save as, select jpeg as type and enter a new name. In the smaller right hand window that opens up titled JPEG/Gif save options, click the box that says file size and enter 107. Hit save. This is one way to do it.

Another way... under the Image menu drop down select resize/resample image, and then select one of the standard dimensions in the right hand column....800x600 should get you in the ball park. I think the site will automatically resize most pictures, you just have to get them down to a reasonable size. I could be wrong though.

David.

Make your pictures 800x600 pixels. That works best for all forums, and monitors.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    David.

Make your pictures 800x600 pixels. That works best for all forums, and monitors.
    I usually resize to 1024 in the horizontal dimension of a "landscape" oriented photo and that works well too. I just choose to maintain the aspect ratio.

I am working on motivation to try again. Feeling defeated is such a bummer- i am confident that w you alls generosity and collective knowledge and wisdom i (we) will ultimately triumph!
    David

It really isn't hard. Just right-click on a picture, and choose whatever program you installed.
    Resize it, and you're done.
    Upload that resized picture.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    It really isn't hard. Just right-click on a picture, and choose whatever program you installed.
    Resize it, and you're done.
    Upload that resized picture.
    I see the graph now...... My motivation prob will upswing in early AM, resulting in what (in chemistry) "the Energy of Activation" sort of a threshold for action.
    You all make it sound so easy!
    Stay tuned
    David

OK, I had my sense of humor this AM on another thread. Now, not so.

I went through all my pics to get some good before and after of my shop renovation. 2 hours there.

Then, I download Irfanview and went into resize to select the 800x600 and it wont save the settings.

Went in manually to type in 800 by 600 and it won't save.

I played around with the software for about an hour. I'm not really doing anything else today, but dang-what am I doing or not doing?

Just wanted you all to know that I am trying.......I am trying.....
    David

Me again

For some reason, it wont let me save the new pixel size of 800 by 600.

Keeps defaulting to 3K by 3K
    David