Thread: Morris style Dinning Chair

Morris style Dinning Chair

I built this over the holidays and just got around to taking photos.
    Thru mortise and tenons.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very, very nice. Looks like it could just as well be made from white oak. Did you do the upholstery too?

John

Cool beans. Finish?

J-10: I thought that is WO?

Paul - do we eat alone with a TV tray, or are there more chairs and a table in the works?

FYI - one lesson I learned - made a full dining room set for a client/neighbor. 6 side chairs and 2 arm chairs. The sea width on the arm chairs needs to be wider than the side chairs by 2" - 3".

Fortunately, the clients are very fit, bike riders and half marathons, etc., so their butts fit fine in the arm chairs. A bit tight for certain neighbor guests.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Yes, it's QSWO! Finish is Arm-R-Seal. That is intended to be a head of the table chair, the other 4 will build a foot shorter on the backrest.
    The upholstery is a goos seat foam wrapped and stapled to a bottom board. Yes This chair is about 2 inches wider the the others would be.

Cool.

Looking forward to the entire set.

The first time I did A+C dining chairs, I started with a poplar version for templates, mock-up, and practice. The "pucker factor" at work.

Then - the client bought that chair as well, let their 6 yr old daughter pick the colors and seat fabric, and they painted it - 4 or 5 pastel colors, and fuzzy purple upholstery. Her chair. To be honest, it looks pretty awesome in the room with all that dark reddish-brown QSWO furniture with boring reddish-brown leather seats. Definitely grabs your attention when you walk into the room.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Oh, my bad. I saw another post with mesquite wood in the title and somehow transposed it to this chair. Must have been a senior moment. But at least my eyes thought it was white oak.

John