Thread: Jessem Clear-Cut TS StockGuides

Jessem Clear-Cut TS StockGuides

Anyone have these?

If so, do they apply enough pressure downward, so that all I would need to do is push the stock forward (and, of course, slightly toward the fence)?

I love the Jessem stuff that I have. I see they don't make the TS miter fence/guide that I have-it is really superb (my highest compliment).
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

I have a set on order from Lee Valley but backordered until March. Better price than directly from Jessem and with free shipping from LV. I'm in no rush.

My understanding is that the 5 degree set of the rollers will keep the stock tight to the fence with only forward motion. My main concern is how to get certain narrower sized pieces pushed through when the rollers are in the way. All the videos I've watched conveniently seem to omit that very important follow through on exiting wood past the blade, and I mean every video. I look forward to trying them out and finding out the tricks to make them work. I think they can serve twofold in added safety but also even more precise cuts.

I cut 200 feet of 1" wide walnut strips yesterday to make a bar top (bowling lane style). That would be an extreme case where the rollers might not be as functional. But I'll have to wait until next month to test.

John,

Perhaps saving some scraps of the same thickness, using them to push the stock through, kind of like when putting short pieces in a planer.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I have the router version of the clear-cut and it works very well for the router table. But what keep me from ordering this for the table saw is cutting narrower stock and be able to use the blade guard at the same time.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nguyen View Post
    I have the router version of the clear-cut and it works very well for the router table. But what keep me from ordering this for the table saw is cutting narrower stock and be able to use the blade guard at the same time.
    Mike
    You mean you cannot use the blade guard at all, or just with narrow stock?
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Quote Originally Posted by David Ragan View Post
    You mean you cannot use the blade guard at all, or just with narrow stock?
    With narrow stock and the blade guard and stock guide all at the same time.

I have a pair and I really like them. As with all JessEm products they are extremely well made and finished plus they are not cheap. They work great on my SawStop. They require a little more effort to push stock through the cut since the rollers direct the stock into the fence at a 5 degree angle. But the guides keep stock down on the table and tight against the fence and will prevent kick back since the rollers only allow the stock to go forward into the blade. I highly recommend them.

I purchased a set of these last fall to use on my 920 tablesaw. As with all JessEm items they are very nicely machined. I like how they work. Most of the stock I have ripped so far has been 3/4". They apply enough pressure to keep the material firmly on the table and pulled tight again the fence. I guess the only negative, if you can call this a negative, you cannot use them when using a push stick ripping thinner materials, obviously they get in the way. But it's easy to slide them on top of your fence out of the way, no big deal.
    Last edited by julian abram; 02-20-2015 at 3:46 PM.