Well, we have our direction mapped for the door joinery on this thing, but let's discuss the carcase.

I have started this, but am not into the skeleton of the piece yet. I have made the front faceframe and blanked out the doors, plus have made the drawerboxes.

It is roughly 7 feet wide, 28 inches high, and about 18 inches deep overall. Outside is all QSWO to match the furniture group in living room.

This pic shows the finished piece. I did not include knobs and hinges in the model.

2015-02-19_1204.jpg

These two pics show the skeleton and the front faceframe.

2015-02-19_1200.jpg2015-02-19_1200_001.jpg

I am thinking that the bottom deck will be 1/2" baltic birch plywood, as will be the center dividers and shelf. The back panel will be 1/4" baltic birch plywood.

All the parts shown in tan color are to be either pine, poplar, or red alder. The slats running horizontal are there as mounting bars for the side-hung drawerboxes that go in each side of the case. A lot of Festool dominos will go into this thing.

My call for critique is in regard to the choice of plywood thickness. 1/2" for the bottom deck, the dividers, the shelf, and 1/4" for the back. I can of course go thicker, but don't think the beef is necessary.

What do you think?