Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick signage

Quick signage

Just sharing some quick signage for the opening night of one of my ventures.

All I did was lightly cut through the acrylic masking, do a bit of weeding, spray on white using a rattle can (light coats), then weed again. Mounted to the wall using drywall screws and stand-offs.

They came out pretty good and made the sponsors real happy. Plus our space looked a little more pro.

10930846_962140023811137_1180117685424143548_n.jpg
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Looks awesome ! Would love to see close up shots, have any to show ? Doing some Acrylic myself right now and can't figure the jagged wall finish. Curious what do you mean by weeding (pocketing) ;/ ?

Love it, guess what i'm going to do for the rest of the day
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Dalgren 2516i, Epilog Fusion Pro 120W

Looks great! Even with 3 completely different designs, they all tied in well together with the black & white theme.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

The next time I'm in front of the signs, I'll snap a few more photos. Weeding is the term used for removal of the un-masked areas. It's the picking out of the mask where you want the paint to be applied. I use needle-sharp tweezers when doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    Looks great! Even with 3 completely different designs, they all tied in well together with the black & white theme.
    I agree. Color would have added another dimension and disrupted continuity. Plus, this is an art gallery so I wanted it to be clean and not too in-your-face.

looks great Doug, very professional. I also noticed they're for towns that used to be my old stomping grounds.
    Last edited by Don Corbeil; 02-19-2015 at 7:53 PM.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Cool stuff Doug, I did some similar signs like that a while back just using all paint, black first then the white, turned out great.
    Doug, if you're ever in the PS area feel free to stop by and say hi, be happy to show you what we do and talk shop! We're near the airport.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Phillips View Post
    Cool stuff Doug, I did some similar signs like that a while back just using all paint, black first then the white, turned out great.
    Doug, if you're ever in the PS area feel free to stop by and say hi, be happy to show you what we do and talk shop! We're near the airport.
    I might just do that. I just opened a gallery/store at the "start" of N. Indian Canyon Drive called ModFab. Poke your head in there if you can. FYI, one of my other main gigs is programming/operating Multicam CNCs. We just got a new 5x10 MT w/ 18" of Z, 16hp spindle, and a 12 tool changer. I love those machines. Looks like you do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corbeil View Post
    looks great Doug, very professional. I also noticed they're for towns that used to be my old stomping grounds.
    Right in the heart of Palm Springs. It's a fun town.

It sure is. It also has some great mid century desert modernist architecture. Neutra, Wexler, Lautner are just a few who designed there.
    I love the place.

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corbeil View Post
    It sure is. It also has some great mid century desert modernist architecture. Neutra, Wexler, Lautner are just a few who designed there.
    I love the place.
    Mid-Century-Modern is one of my passions. The Wexlers were at our opening night party and we work with and have products in the Architectural Design Museum that just opened.

that's awesome!

Don Corbeil

AutoCAD 2000i

That looks great, what is your base material?
    Scott

Why didn't you use a laminate to just remove the top layer and save the painting and weeding?
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition