Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick signage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Morris View Post
    Why didn't you use a laminate to just remove the top layer and save the painting and weeding?
    Because I went cheap and with the materials I had floating around. Plus acrylic is thicker and self supporting so I didn't have to back it with anything. Acrylic also has a nice gloss to it and the large painted areas don't have the texture that occurs when engraving away the top layer of a laminate. All-in-all, doing it this way was pretty darn fast and cheap.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Griffith View Post
    I might just do that. I just opened a gallery/store at the "start" of N. Indian Canyon Drive called ModFab. Poke your head in there if you can. FYI, one of my other main gigs is programming/operating Multicam CNCs. We just got a new 5x10 MT w/ 18" of Z, 16hp spindle, and a 12 tool changer. I love those machines. Looks like you do too.
    Wow, sounds very cool, would love to see your gallery. Would love to have a new MultiCam, ours
    are getting a bit long in the tooth.
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Just sharing some quick signage for the opening night of one of my ventures.

All I did was lightly cut through the acrylic masking, do a bit of weeding, spray on white using a rattle can (light coats), then weed again. Mounted to the wall using drywall screws and stand-offs.

They came out pretty good and made the sponsors real happy. Plus our space looked a little more pro.

Attachment 307344

Doug,

Borrowed your picture for the CarveWright forum if you don't mind. A post on using a Cricut with the CarveWright and your fine example of this type of sign is very impressive.

Thanks,

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Quote Originally Posted by AL Ursich View Post
    Doug,

Borrowed your picture for the CarveWright forum if you don't mind. A post on using a Cricut with the CarveWright and your fine example of this type of sign is very impressive.

Thanks,

AL
    No problem. I'm sure our sponsors will appreciate even more exposure. It can't hurt at least.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

that'll do great results
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

No problem. I'm sure our sponsors will appreciate even more exposure. It can't hurt at least.
    Thank you !!!!

I point CarveWright and Engraving etc guys here to Sawmill Creek often.

Many great ideas like your signs to stimulate the interest in multi types of machines making great stuff.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".