Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Spokesperson for Woodturning?

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.

Best Spokesperson for Woodturning?

Our club's 25th Anniversary is coming up, and we'd like to have a top-name turner come address our group and help us celebrate. Now, we're not necessarily looking for a demonstration, just someone who can come, speak about the craft, and make the evening extra special. And -- oh, yes -- we'll have to be able to afford this individual.
    So, what are the nominations from the floor and what are your thoughts on the subject?

I have my own ideas, but I'll wait to see what the Creek has to say.

Event is the last week in October, 2015.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

I bet Tim Yoder would be very entertaining.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

mostly I am an east coast guy but when on the left hand coast......

how about Tom Wirsing.......

if interested, send pm....I have an email address.......I would endorse him

Contact the AAW and see if they can send a representative.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Blanchard View Post
    I bet Tim Yoder would be very entertaining.
    We looked into Tim Yoder, but I understand he isn't available. Does anyone have direct contact information for him?

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

David Ellsworth but Penn. is a long way from Olympia. Wa

If I had the opportunity, I would love to hear the history of the re-emergence of woodturning in the 20th century from Wally Dickerman. With Wally's 70+ years of turning, he has seen it all - aside from having produced a mass of collectible turnings and meeting most all of the notables, he knows more about turning than most of us combined.

Molly Winton or Doug fisher are both very close to your club and some of the most creative turners in the country and just great people to be around.

You might also consider Dale Larson. He is not far from you and just finished his term as AAW President.

You can e-mail Tim Yoder through his website.

http://wtwtim.com/

Molly will be there next month and has been there several times, as I understand our club was the first she did a program for.
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

Dale does a great program and has been there twice I can recall
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

True, he was out to three years ago for the Olympia Symposium and several days of classes

Having met Wally I too would toss his name in the hat. Very personable,great story teller and a wealth of knowledge.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

+1 for Dale Larson or Tom Wirsing, since you are probably and AAW chapter, and both have had a long history with the AAW. Molly and Doug will also both give great artistic presentations. I've seen all four and you won't go wrong. Yoder is very entertaining too if he's anything in person like he is in his videos.