Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Spokesperson for Woodturning?

Oooh, that is an interesting question. Wally wold make for a very interesting speaker, if he's up for it. What a perspective his years lend upon the various changes in our craft.

Others that might be concidered would be a few folks that I have personally seen do a demonstration and I noted that some of the individuals just have that ability to captivate an audience and I am not just talking about the lathe running! Ones that I found interesting were Doug Fisher (he has traveled the world), Jimmy Clewes (great sense of humor and can always give a good "tale"), Ellsworth is just a given. David could most certainly enlighten the group.

Good luck with your search and let us knwo how it goes.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

You might try Nick Stagg. You can talk to him at the Oregon Woodturning Symposium.

robo hippy

Wow - a lot of great names are being suggested! If I were able to attend your meeting, the one person I would want to hear from - more than any of the others - would be Wally Dickerman. Wally has helped many of us become better turners through his classes, online critiques and the examples of his amazing body of work! Seeing as how he is moving to Oregon, I would think it would be a lot easier to talk him into a short trip to Washington!!

Good luck with your anniversary meeting! Please take some photos of the event to share with those of us unable to attend!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    Wonderful input, and we will follow up. Wally and I banter back and forth from time to time, and I'll be in his area next month so perhaps we can meet face to face. Again,
    Creekers, thanks for the suggestions.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

+1 on Wally. He is a treasure to our art/craft.
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Colby, Washington. Just across the Puget Sound from Seattle, near Blake Island.
    Can someone please send Wally's phone number to by Personal Message? I understand he has moved from Arizona to Portland, Oregon, and I'd like to get together with him to discuss this.

Russell Neyman

Writer - Woodworker - Historian
    Instructor: The Woodturning Experience
    Puget Sound, Washington State

"Outside of a dog, there's nothing better than a good book; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."