Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart phone

My MotoG fits into the side pocket below my hammer loop.
    Carhartt must have known what was coming.

Blog Entries
    I have an S4 mini and I carry it in a Reiko leather holster on my belt. I have an Otterbox protective case on it and it slips easily into the holster.
    $_35.JPG
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I've always carried mine in my pants pockets, in a case. The biggest I've had is my current iPhone 6 which actually feels less bulky than my 5 due to being thinner. I've usually used Otterbox cases but am using an Apple leather cover right now after seeing some real world drop tests online. And I always have carried it with the screen toward my leg. Knock on wood, no problems yet.

If I had a 6 Plus, I'd probably have to get a small backpack

Don't you guys who clip them on your belts have problems snagging them on stuff? That's what always happened to me back in the old days when phones were too thick to put in a pocket. Haven't tried since so maybe thin is a big improvement?
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 02-24-2015 at 8:11 AM.

Matt,

That is the reason I quit carrying mine on a belt clip. I was snagging it constantly and had it dropped as a result.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I have yet to have a problem snagging mine on anything. I'm just aware of it and automatically make allowances.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Henderson View Post
    I would never carry a phone in a pocket, it's too prone to getting broken. A belt clip is the only way. You usually have a choice of a magnetic catch or a velcro one. I prefer velcro, I found that the magnetic ones were too easy to pop open unintentionally.
    Been using cell phones for a long time and have yet to have one break on me and I'm a pocket career.

I feel the worst thing is dropping them. I've seen folks with crack screens and just can't figure out how that can happen, if ones being the slightest bit carefull.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post

Don't you guys who clip them on your belts have problems snagging them on stuff? That's what always happened to me back in the old days when phones were too thick to put in a pocket. Haven't tried since so maybe thin is a big improvement?

Ive had it snag for the month or so I did the belt clip thing. Don't care for the look either... Like I should be wearing a cape and have my underwear over my pants.
    Last edited by Judson Green; 02-24-2015 at 3:31 PM.
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

I finally got one a couple weeks ago, and keep it in my European Man Bag, right next to my metrosexual grooming aids.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Samsung Note 2 - big screen. keep it in my front jean pocket. No problem....slide in and out without any problem. Plus.....I can actually read things on the screen( important as you age)
    Jim

IPhone 5, OtterBox, in the belt clip upside down and face in on the left side of my belt. Years ago, when I just used a nylon holster for a Nokia candy-bar style phone, I noticed that it snagged less if I wore it on my left side--I'm right handed. Anyway, I wear it upside down because the loudspeaker for the ringer is on the bottom, so I'm more likely to hear the phone ring with the loudspeaker pointed up. I rarely feel the vibration (Apple needs to work on that...). I am really hard on my phones, but they've always survived the 2+ years I've kept them, many drops and construction sites later (very rarely from snags). My boys use my old iPhone 4 as an iPod, so it's now almost 4 years old and still going strong. It, too is in an OtterBox.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    I carry the Samsung Galaxy S3 that is just a bit under 5" on the diagonal on the belt with a belt clip like this.

I'm sure there are different styles by different makers.
    I carry my S3 in a shirt pocket. When it won't fit in one, I have a slide in belt holster like Brian's. Bought 2 of them for $14 on the bay.
    Never put a smart phone in a pants pocket. That just isn't very smart.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night