Thread: Trend Airshield Pro--Headband

Trend Airshield Pro--Headband

From the reviews that I have read, the Airshield Pro has some known issues with the headband breaking. I bought mine last October and has broken twice already. I will admit, their service has been great, and the send out a new on immediately, however that does not prevent the inconvenience of being down for a week or so. The last headband, I only used it three times before it broke. Apparently Trend knows about this. After spending $400 you would think that it would at least last a few years.

I have looked at some headbands for just face shields and they look more rugged. Anyone tried to retrofit one of those? Is there a better aftermarket design? Hopefully Trend comes out with a more rugged design. I don't think I am the only one with this issue.
    Steve

I have had the same problem. I'm on my 4th headband now. When I received my latest headband I used sheet aluminum and duct tape in an attempt to re-enforce the area that kept breaking. So far it's held up longer than the others.

Same problem here. I have to adjust to smallest size, this stresses the band at the pivot area which is fixed to the helmet. Laced the last break with wire and covered with tape. Wearing welders cap for padding. Working well. Allan
    C&C WELCOME

I've had no trouble at all, but then I'm only an occasional turner. Ditto on the doo rag. We bald guys need it even more.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

5. I have owned a Trend AS pro for over 3 years now.........no headband breakage for me either........I did have to replace the seal around the face because the old one stretched out to a point it was no longer effective. I did take a precaution and used some blue painters tape on the top section to reinforce the area where it comes across the top of the head. Also on the front pad across the forehead, just to better hold that pad in place.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Mine broke after using it about 5 or 6 times, I have to have it quite tight or it falls forward and the headband rest on my eyebrows.
    I must have a strange head. Surely in this day and age with all the fancy materials available it should be possible to make a virtually unbreakable headband.
    Trend must be aware of this problem.

Tim

I have had mine 2+ years, have never had a problem . I don't tilt mine I just take it off.

I bought mine last fall and the head band broke a couple weeks ago after less than a dozen uses. I sent an email to Trend in the UK letting them know what I thought about this and I found a new one on my doorstep today when I got home. Supposed to be upgraded. I don't know? the new one is black instead of grey like the old one. Still has that second pivot point where they break, not sure why it is there or needed. No other face shield or helmet I have had has a weak point like this. As Mark mentioned I think I will reinforce it before I start using it.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

9. I was just in the shop turning for my gallery featured artist showcasethis month, and used my Trend-AS Pro.......it has a grey band, and back a couple years ago I put blue painters tape on it to reinforce the band at the top and also to keep the sweat pad in place......it works terrifically, and is holding strong even after these two years.......

Just a tip in case anyone wants to reinforce theirs! Good luck!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Mine broke for the second time about a year ago. As a temporary measure, while waiting for the replacement to arrive, I CA glued the break and wrapped it in duct tape.

Still going strong, and I have a replacement if it ever gives out.
    Regards,
    Dick

I've broken 2 of them and have received 2 free replacements. The last one is black instead of gray, although it looks the same.