Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funny story....... Well, now it's funny.

Many years ago I was making a chilli and had reached the point in the recipe where I had to chop up the chillies I then realised I did not have any tinned tomatoes so I decided to go to the local store

On my way out of the house I went for a wee

I left the house got in the car and drove to the store I was standing in the queue waiting to pay for the tomatoes when I started to develop a burning sensation down below

Yes you guessed the chillies

I rushed home and when the wife came in from work I was standing with the affected area in the bathroom sink
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 03-01-2015 at 5:45 AM.

I'm calling you out on this one, Brian. Chili in the UK??? No way!

I grew up in a house with maternal grandparents from Halifax/Leeds and visited the UK a few times. There was nothing that resembled chili on the menu.
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."

Brian,

Mea culpa!! I'm going to have to retract my doubt.

In a moment of boredom, I searched Google and found they even grow chilies in the UK! But chili on the menu in restaurants or in the daily diet regimen..I dunno...
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."

I have been making chillis for 35 years and the last chilli I made was from a recipe on Americas test kitchen

Other I grew up in a council (working class house) in the Uk I too then never had anything like chilli and the only spice in the house was ground white pepper

My father never had a steak in his entire life and had egg mayoniase for the first time aged 70 and said I like this what is it

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    4"x4"x2"x139 oz. Not very big, but this is what's possible:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetai...Y0-N52&cat=168
    Remarkable - they all but say "DO NOT buy this".

Jason - what would one of these be used for? I like the bit where they say after it is on metal, you ain't never, ever, gonna move nor remove it.

Especially when they have qty price breaks. NO idea what would be done with one, much less a dozen.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post

Jason - what would one of these be used for?
    Beats me, but it's a good thing I don't have a few grand in disposable income. I'm sure I could figure something out, but it wouldn't necessarily be constructive.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Jason - what would one of these be used for? I like the bit where they say after it is on metal, you ain't never, ever, gonna move nor remove it.
    Put one on the front of your Beemer, mileage will increase, but make sure your brakes are up to snuff....

Submarine trap?

Magic Dartboard?

THE POSSIBILITIES ARE MIND BOGGLING!

My new goal for the month is not to take your title away.

Next month, we will see...........

Very well told story Larry. I laughed even as I was cringing in pain for you.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Put one on the front of your Beemer, mileage will increase, but make sure your brakes are up to snuff....
    Larry - I have always always ALWAYS made sure the brakes and tires are in great shape. I want to get out of trouble as fast as I get into it - and I work hard on getting into it. If a fella just wants a nice ride, get a friggin' Lexus. If you want to drive, get a Beemer with a stick, and the sport suspension option.

IF you know how to drive, then the size of the engine is not a big factor - just watch the tach, stir the stick, keep the revs at the right spot on the torque curve, and ignore the friggin' speedo.

My new goal for the month is not to take your title away.

Next month, we will see...........
    Dude - I'm locked in for March. Happy to have you back on the leaderboard for April.

Heh-heh-heh.....every post of yours I read makes me think about the car, clutch, garage, body shop story......... I love it.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Larry - I have always always ALWAYS made sure the brakes and tires are in great shape. I want to get out of trouble as fast as I get into it - and I work hard on getting into it. If a fella just wants a nice ride, get a friggin' Lexus. If you want to drive, get a Beemer with a stick, and the sport suspension option.

IF you know how to drive, then the size of the engine is not a big factor - just watch the tach, stir the stick, keep the revs at the right spot on the torque curve, and ignore the friggin' speedo.

Dude, you are preaching to the choir. In better times I drove BMW, started out with a 2002, Bavaria, 635 CSI, then a 850CSI that was a mistake and went back to a highly modified 318. My brother has had a series of them as well, including a 540M he wrecked last year, now drives a 530. All were sticks. If I can get back on track I am hoping to pick up a Z3 to take care of my Miata addiction.

But for now all I have to play with is a 67 Volvo Amazon wagon with a highly modified 2130cc motor. Now If I can just figure out how to get a Miata 6 speed in there.............

Cars and women have been my downfall.....

Cars and women have been my downfall.....
    Reminds me of a story I heard years ago.

George Hurst sold his company, and retired - really retired. Kinda dropped out of sight.

After a number of years passed, he showed back up one day and was talking with buddies in the go-fast gang, telling them he was getting back in business.

One guy said - "But George - what happened to all that money you made?"

"Most of it went to booze, broads, and boats. The rest of it I just wasted."