Thread: anyone experience installing or working with 8ft x 4ft led sign for business?

anyone experience installing or working with 8ft x 4ft led sign for business?

our company has recently acquired 2 8ft x 4ft led signs from an auction. Problem is they're pretty complex with a little bit of damage to some of the computer connections. Does anyone have any experience or can point us to an online forum where we can get help setting it up?

the actual sign is a watchFire model w35, 4 panel x 8 panel, 8 x 8 lights 35mm pixel ratio.

http://www.watchfiresigns.com/led-signs/

the parent company is saying their unable to help us with anything related to the sign because we are not the original purchaser. We the original purchaser went belly up and we'd like to use these signs but they automatically want us to buy expensive parts when all we need are some wiring diagrams.

Anyone with any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you selling them or using them for your own business signs? I can't help you with the technical aspects of the repairs, but I know from my own experience that such signs in most cases require permits to install, and a licensed electrical contractor to hook them up. I always used a licensed electric/neon sign colleague
    who would also be able to do the repairs.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Victor, try calling Watchfire again and asking them for a few people in your area that they sell to. That should give you a local contact point for someone with hands on experience with them. There usually aren't but a few in each area.

Just my thoughts. If you went to the larger sign forums and posted that, they'd rip you apart for trying to do anything yourself. They are a protective bunch and don't give out info like that too freely.

I'd get some contacts from Watchfire if it were me.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

We are going to use them to promote our business. Well, at least my boss is thinking he can do everything on his own. He's pretty handy in all things trades or building oriented. I think he really just wants to re-program and get the signs up and running on his own while they are on the ground and then go through the proper channels to instal them. We want to get the the computer software and hardware talking to one another while one the ground but the only thing standing in the way is a couple of cat5 frayed connectors that have accidentally been pulled out of their housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    Are you selling them or using them for your own business signs? I can't help you with the technical aspects of the repairs, but I know from my own experience that such signs in most cases require permits to install, and a licensed electrical contractor to hook them up. I always used a licensed electric/neon sign colleague
    who would also be able to do the repairs.

Hi thanks for the response.

Yea I had promoted this as an option rather than having the graphic department spend hours trying to become sign experts but we're in a so close but yet so far scenario. I think you're right about the protectionism nature of the technicians and companies in this field. wildFire was pretty standard issue "buy this $900 part before we'll help you," solution cant say that blame them.

I would try to post into a larger sign forum in hopes someone local would actually offer some help and then actually call them in for the instal after, but its not my company.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Victor, try calling Watchfire again and asking them for a few people in your area that they sell to. That should give you a local contact point for someone with hands on experience with them. There usually aren't but a few in each area.

Just my thoughts. If you went to the larger sign forums and posted that, they'd rip you apart for trying to do anything yourself. They are a protective bunch and don't give out info like that too freely.

I'd get some contacts from Watchfire if it were me.

Did you look at the Website and then the Support page? They list manuals available for downloading.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10