Thread: Drill bit/ tap chart

Drill bit/ tap chart

Need a chart to print off small enough to keep in my tool box for what size drill bit to use with a tap. (IE- What size hole to drill for a 10-32 tap etc.)
    Any other chart you like to have handy in your tool box?
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Dave, get yourself a starrett card for your toolbox. It has all your tap drill sizes and the decimal equivalents for fractional, letter, and number size drill bits.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Blog Entries
    Good suggestions. My Craftsman DP has a number of charts right on the side of the casting including a drill bit/tap chart, so I never have to go looking for one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    For tap drill sizes my drill index has that embossed in the first tier of bits.

For other charts there is a manila file folder. It has a trig chart, fractional inch - metric - decimal equivalents, wood screw drill chart, a chart for setting angles with a four fold 24" ruler and a few other charts.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Jerry mentioned a "Starrett Card." This reminded me of Starrett's on line catalog 32:

http://content.yudu.com/A290vg/Starr...t.com/catalogs

If you click on the contents:

Picture 1.jpg

Reference tables begin on pg 541.

I was able to download these pages as .pdfs in the past.

Might be what you are seeking. If you have some way of selecting smaller printouts you may be able to fit it all into a small booklet.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bruette View Post
    Dave, get yourself a starrett card for your toolbox. It has all your tap drill sizes and the decimal equivalents for fractional, letter, and number size drill bits.
    yep. Indispensible
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)