Thread: What's a good, flexible vacuum hose for RO sanders?

What's a good, flexible vacuum hose for RO sanders?

I've got my Rigid 2" vacuum hose connected to my RO. It's really stiff and unwieldy. What hose do you suggest? Something smaller diameter I would assume, but flexible too. There are so many hoses on Woodcraft and Amazon, I can't figure out which is the winner.

Thought?

I LOVE the Porter Cable 39332 hose. Here's why:

1) It has 3 adapters that provide a range of possibilities (I used mine on my Domino port too with moderate success). The adapters screw on to the hose, so if your ROS has a screw port, you may be able to connect it directly. This provides the most solid of connections.

2) The hose is flexible and thin enough that it can be maneuvered easily. Very good if you're a contour sander like I am.

3) The hose is rigid enough that it will not compress under the suction of a 2" vaccuum. That is REALLY helpful if you have a dust deputy or cyclone (which you might want if you don't already have one). Collapsible hoses can topple the preseparator or pull the vaccuum or make the hose short. Lots of ways to skin that cat, but the easiest is a good hose.

Nice - thanks! I'll check that out. I DO have a dust deputy as it was recommended her in the creek - and I love it. No clue how I ever made do without one of those little guys.

I appreciate the feedback!

I use a Porter Cable hose as well.

I use a Bosch VAC005 hose http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AV78B with my DeWalt ROS. Seems like I had to remove and reverse the flexible rubber fitting on the end, but whatever I did, it's a perfect fit for the port on the sander. Very flexible hose (though a little bit heavy), connects directly to my Rigid shop vac.

I've got a Fein hose - 1.25 x ....16'? something like that.

Very happy. Not cheap, of course.

My vac is ~5' away from the bench. THe hose runs up to the joists, across, and drops down to the bench top for ROS, router, belt sander.

The "action end" has a place to hang from below a joist, when not in use.

Setup works great for me.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I also use the PC hose, and hang it from the rafters.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I've got the PC hose also and find it to be very flexible but doesn't collapse. Perfect length to reach to my shop vac.

9. I use this Bosch hose and it works well. Connects to the Festool also. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I picked up a 12' hose at Sears, it fits into the 2" port on the shop vac, but the hose is 1 1/4" and fits into the fittings for my Bosch ros. No problems with collapse, the smaller hose is more rigid than the 2". But plenty flexible. Takes a while to get used to, using a hose with a sander, but has to be much easier than dealing with the larger diameter hose you are using.

I bought a "Stanley 26-031 Dust Free Drywall Sanding Kit". Even if you never use the drywall sanding attachment the kit is worth the price (low) just for the hose and adapters included. I've found it perfect for use with my ROS and plate joiner, plus I've used the adapters with a number of other tools.

I've got a PC hose too, for my 6" ROS. It's very nice and doesn't have any set to it like some.

PC hose here too but I believe that it is discontinued. Woodcraft carries a Woodriver hose that is compatible.

Went ahead and ordered the porter cable hose. We'll see how it works. Thanks!