Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime video $$

Amazon Prime video $$

I been watching The Shield reruns and overnite they took it off free they now want me to pay. I would still be Prime w/o the video- anyone else experience this hike?
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Quote Originally Posted by David Ragan View Post
    I been watching The Shield reruns and overnite they took it off free they now want me to pay. I would still be Prime w/o the video- anyone else experience this hike?
    Stir crazy, are we David? I understand completely.

Your problem happens often. View-for-pay items become free, and free items become pay.

The Shield is a good series. Too bad. But - I rank it 3d behind:

The Wire - free on A-prime. If you have not seen it, it is IMO the top of the heap in that genre, and you should jump on that one. It might take you a couple episodes to get into it, but you will love it - and the classic scene where Bunk and McNulty re-investigate a homicide will have you sucked in. You will also never, ever hear the tune "The farmer in the dell" without thinking about kids scattering while yelling "Omar coming!! Omar coming!!"

It's predecessor - kinda sorta - was Homicide - Life on the Street . Currently, not free on Xfinity or A-Prime, by disc only with Netflix. I really, really liked that series.

There is also a new made-by Amazon show you should watch: Bosch.​ Also very good.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

U r right The Wire was a little hard ti follow-but im headed in there now to pick up again. Will also go into Bosch man
    i love Downton Abby-waiting to accumulate episodes. Imagine- believable scenarios and people-all the failings and misadventures of normal life- without foul language, sex, or violence
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

.........without foul language, sex, or violence

Ummmmmmmmmm....that is the "anti-Wire".

Stick with it, is my advice - it will grow on you - -- you need to invest the time early on to pick up the story lines and the characters - - they build on all of that over the 5 seasons. Jumping into the middle is a hard way to go.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Ummmmmmmmmm....that is the "anti-Wire".

Stick with it, is my advice - it will grow on you - -- you need to invest the time early on to pick up the story lines and the characters - - they build on all of that over the 5 seasons. Jumping into the middle is a hard way to go.
    i tried it again yesterday.

It is more subtle than Vic Mackey on The Shield or Raylan Givens on Justified
    I will go back to it, but will just start the season over. Im on E9 of first season now
    David

If you get prime for delivery, do they still charge you to watch those episodes? By-and-large I don't think their video selection offers much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    If you get prime for delivery, do they still charge you to watch those episodes? By-and-large I don't think their video selection offers much.
    There is a Prime Video thing - there are many for free - included in the std prime deal; there are others at a discounted $$ as part of the std prime deal.

Not sure what you are looking for ???, but I find a decent selection...

How about suggestions for TV series, movies other than those already mentioned?
    David

Blog Entries
    How about suggestions for TV series, movies other than those already mentioned?
    Not an A-Prime member so I have nothing for that, but will Netflix recommendations do?
    #1 Foyle's War _ Maybe my all time favorite series on NF. (The last season was a bit of a let down though.)
    #2 Terriors (not about dogs!)
    #3 The Killing - Very good NF Original - Murder Mystery, each case lasts a whole season. This one is not as graphic and violent as the name sounds.
    #4 Firefly - A western set in outer space. It's better than it sounds!
    I have more, but my time is short today.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bosch was really good. I love the books, so I don't say that lightly.
    Firefly may be the best thing ever cancelled on TV. It's very, very good.
    Walking Dead is really good, especially the early seasons.
    Same with Sons of Anarchy again, I prefer the early seasons.
    Homicide, Life on the Street is so good even my father in law, a retired police veteran loved it. And he hates everything. I am going to recommend "Bosch" to him.
    What I've seen of Southland is good.
    Just getting into the Wire.
    Trying, and so far failing, to like The Shield.

Can you tell I'm having trouble with my shunt right now? Lots of TV, less time in the shop.
    Paul

David - did not think to ask - who is your cable provider? Comcast/Xfinity?

Best cop-crime-drama series ever was NYPD Blues, IMO. The- - THe Wire. Then - Homicide.

I loved its - in effect - predecessor - Hill Street Blues. But, there is very little of that available - not even on DVD.

EDIT: Longmire is pretty good also. Cowboys and Indians - modern day LEO's out west.
    Last edited by Kent A Bathurst; 02-27-2015 at 6:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    David - did not think to ask - who is your cable provider? Comcast/Xfinity?
    Satellite via directv
    internet w ATT
    David

Man, great suggestions👍😀!!
    i went in and added all the above to my watchlist for future reference.
    Thanks a bunch
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Not an A-Prime member so I have nothing for that, but will Netflix recommendations do?
    #1 Foyle's War _ Maybe my all time favorite series on NF. (The last season was a bit of a let down though.)
    #3 The Killing - Very good NF Original - Murder Mystery, each case lasts a whole season. This one is not as graphic and violent as the name sounds.
    Agree with these (including the last season comment for #1). Also

The Fall. My second favorite British detective, Stella Gibson.
    House of Cards. How Washington really works.
    Orange is the New Black. If you need to convince your daughter that prison is a bad place. Definitely NSFW.
    Revenge.
    Scandal.
    Endeavor. A young Inspector Morse.
    Regards,
    Dick