Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lie Nielsen Sale?

Lie Nielsen Sale?

Does Lie Nielsen ever run sales, like 10% off or the like? I'd like to purchase several planes, but a price break would be nice.

Blog Entries
    Usually their best break on prices is when they have a show and anything bought at the show is free shipping.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Don't they offer a discount at their shows as well? If you were lucky and had one coming to town it would be well worth a trip. Otherwise, no they do not have sales.

In all the time I've been buying from them I don't ever recall them having a sale.

No, they do not have sales. You might be able to buy the stuff gently used on EBay or here on the Creek or soemthing.

Chris

If you walk into the store front in Maine you get a 10% discount, but then again you get to see and handle, and try out all the tools so you end up buying more!
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

Quote Originally Posted by derek arita View Post
    does lie nielsen ever run sales, like 10% off or the like? I'd like to purchase several planes, but a price break would be nice.
    hahahahahahaha! :d
    Maurice

Just was wondering. I buy lots of Festool and they are known for consistent pricing, however they have occasional % off times and do offer recon tools twice a year. Never hurts to ask. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Just was wondering. I buy lots of Festool and they are known for consistent pricing, however they have occasional % off times and do offer recon tools twice a year. Never hurts to ask. Thanks.

A quick review of what you buy and how you like it would be appreciated when you get your new tools. I am always open to a fresh thoughtful perspective on things.

I know they offer a 10% discount if you have taken woodworking classes at certain places that they are partnered with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    A quick review of what you buy and how you like it would be appreciated when you get your new tools. I am always open to a fresh thoughtful perspective on things.
    "Fresh couldn't be more accurate. I'm new to hand tools, so I'm afraid I could offer little in the way of comparisons...only to some vintage Stanley planes that I'm trying to rehab. I have written short reviews on my Festool purchases if I thought I had anything new to offer.

Good tools don't need discounts - they sell themselves. With that said, 10% off with certain educational institutions that have partnered with Lie-Nielsen, 10% off at their Maine headquarters. When they do their road shows, if you don't buy that day and order direct from them they give you no sales tax and free shipping. Often, they throw in a free DVD with plane purchase. They are excellent tools and I would buy one plane and try it, then see if you want to restore a vintage one or add more Lie-Nielsen to your collection.

Well put, Mike. Certainly, it is worth it to go to their tool events, or to a certified dealer. In the Atlanta area, I'm fortunate to have Highland Woodworking. You can try out any tool, and compare with others if you wish. I have hade two items shipped to me from tool events, and yes, the free DVD is a nice touch.
    Maurice

Several years ago, when I first started ww, Highland Woodworking here in Atl had their semiannual 25% off sale.

I asked for the most $$ LN item they had, it is a #8 Jointer. I saved big $, and have never used it. Ha ha.

But, after that, they now restrict there to be no 25% off so many diffo things, I couldn't list them all.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

David, do you still have it sealed up in the original package? Is it numbered and limited edition? I hear those are high ticket items....
    Maurice