Thread: Renovation Complete!!!

Renovation Complete!!!

After many weeks, filling a 20 yard dumpster, lots of cash, and completely tearing up my left knee (you may be aware I had surgery on it last Friday), and much distress over learning how to post pictures, here are the before and after pictures.

I am mildly embarrassed at the slop that had accumulated here---but we know how that is, don't we?

The shop is part of our basement, 20 by 20. All the junk accumulated over the last 9 years (since I started WW)

The tour is left to right around the shop extras @ the end.

This is the first half of before and afters....

thank you for your attentionBefore NNW Corner.jpgAfter NNW Corner.jpgBefore NE Corner.jpgAfter NE Corner.jpgBefore East Wall.jpgAfter East Wall.jpgBefore South Wall.jpgAfter South Wall.jpg
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

More

Here in the brutal detail is the last.
    First two pics before and after same area.
    The third pic is the "new" sharpening station (you know-what I been asking all the questions about in Neanderthal-to keep myself fired up).
    The next two is the vertical lumber storage in another room (seen to the right in the final picture).
    Next is the WalMart storage boxes that contain all the stuff that was in the shop (no joke) that did not get thrown out. See my new dowel/bar & flat iron stock cart?
    The last picture is a wall that bisects the shop-and that is as minimal as it's going to get (its a thumbnail-and I have no idea how it came to be that way)

I am going upstairs now and see if the cat needs anything. I am soooo glad this renovation is over!!!!

Before SW corner.jpgAfter SW Corner.jpgSharpening Station.jpgBsmt Lumber A.jpgBsmt Lumber B.jpgStorage Units.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Wow David! That's quite a transformation. It's like having a whole new shop. I'm sure a similar renovation is about 10 years in my future...already dreading it. Sorry about your knee...

I really like ur lumber storage is that just black pipe with a flange holding it to the wall? Its amazing all the stuff that we all accumulate over the years. Hope ur up and moving soon. Great job

Quote Originally Posted by William A Johnston View Post
    I really like ur lumber storage is that just black pipe with a flange holding it to the wall? Its amazing all the stuff that we all accumulate over the years. Hope ur up and moving soon. Great job
    Yes, plain black pipe
    guy at plumbing co said plumbers dont really use the flanges, folks get them for projects
    guess ill have to do some real ww now that renovation complete
    you ever feel let down when something like that is over?
    David

David, great job. But, I did not see any lathes.
    Joe

A few times a year I do a spring cleaning in my shop and always enjoy going in there early in the morning and drinking coffee before I go to work. I do try to purge stuff every year or so because it gets so cluttered. I've been thinking of building a vertical storage rack and after seeing urs I'm going back to the drawing board.

Blog Entries
    Very nice! Interesting plane storage method. I notice you have a No 9 AND a No 51. I am going to do you a favor and take the less used one so you have more room there. Hahahaha. Nice set of planes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Very nice! Interesting plane storage method. I notice you have a No 9 AND a No 51. I am going to do you a favor and take the less used one so you have more room there. Hahahaha. Nice set of planes!!!
    Yes, my tools hang there and lament that they wish they belonged to someone who knew how/used them more often
    David

Nice work! That is a nice set of planes BTW. Having been able to spend the last few days attempting to turn my storage/shop space into a usable woodshop, I can certainly sympathize. It's amazing what we keep for later...