Thread: Build a classy picture frame!

Build a classy picture frame!

I filmed the build on my YouTube Channel. Please check it out! http://youtu.be/5zscvb5stwc

I was commissioned to build this frame and thought I would take you guys along for the ride.

The build consists of poplar stock, glass, black vinyl decals, glue

Primary construction method was domino reinforced miters. The glass was held in with a rabbit.

If you have any more comments, questions or suggestions please leave them here or on YouTube.

Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-27-2015 at 10:30 AM.

I don't see the picture frame? Is this like that dress that changes color? I see a pretty cool light box, no picture frame.

I guess my minds finally left me? When I posted that above there were 5-6 large pictures of a very nice light box........where did it go, pictures gone......yup, definitely a woodworking versions of the color changing dress.

Jebediah,

You are not going crazy. I posted the wrong pictures at first!

Good, I can cancel the ambulance! Thank you. The picture frame is as cool as the light box. Headed to check out the video. I was afraid to click on it first time, thought it maybe some sort of sorcery trick.

HAHA no magic here. Just fine woodworking!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-02-2015 at 5:40 AM.

I like the lettering on the glass great idea Esp if it's not hard to do.Why is the black frame so rough looking is there supposed to be a texture?I do realize black is a color hard to get right.Aj

Just watched the video. Nice looking project. I don't mean to be critical, but you will find when you are scoring glass it is never a good idea to go back over the score line a second time. It makes for a rougher cut, can damage your cutter and makes it harder to break out the score. Just one pass after dipping the cutter in the cutting oil of your choice using about 7 pounds of pressure makes for the cleanest scores and breaks.

Perry