Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dado Shims

I had to build a fire to stay warm.

Quote Originally Posted by John Adank View Post
    The other thing that just occurred to me is that even my dado blades are kind of a pain to get off the arbor. I have the Infinity Dadonator blades and they can kind of get caught up on the threads as well. If I had 4 or 5 dado blades on my arbor, it would be kind of difficult to separate them far enough to insert the shims. I would hate to drop the shims inside the cabinet and have them fall down my dust collection hose on my SawStop. I dropped my arbor nut down there about half a dozen times the other day while removing and installing my dado blades the other day. I had to disconnect the hose and use a telescoping magnet to get it. Like I said before, winter in Wisconsin, arthritis and swollen fingers make it kind of frustrating for finger dexterity.
    I have the same dado set and I was thinking the same thing. The magnetic ones may be the way to go.

I keep a deck of playing cards in the shop, and cut an oversize arbor hole in the center of the cards to use as shims. I'm cheap (or perhaps frugal).

Lornie

Shims are annoying, i use masking tape
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work