Thread: Dust deputy - Tool hose to DD setup?

Dust deputy - Tool hose to DD setup?

I need input on your favorite connection and hose from the Dust Deputy to the tool. I am using a Ridgid WD1450 to a DD and want to know what connections and hose used that people love. I am dedicating it to my sanding station using a PC390 and other palm sanders.

So I would love to move on from my 2 1/2" Ridgid hose b/c it wasn't really flexible enough for me and was kinda bulky when sanding.

I've seen folks use the green Festool hose and remark on the flexibility of it and some using Fein hoses, and some using 1 1/4 to 1 7/8 and some 2 1/2 hoses. So I'm asking the community for their input on what was most comfortable and most of all, the connection used for the DD to tool hose.

Thanks!
    If you don't have time to do it right the first time, then when are you going to find the time to do it right the second time?

I am using a 1 1/4 hose. I have a Ceros and it is their hose. I bought a Bosch 1" ( I think) cheap. That hose screamed literally ( high pitch ). The Ceros hose is fine, don't know how it compares In price.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

I have an older Rigid 6 HP shop vac. I don't use my DD much, which is another story, but I have worked out a set of adapters. First, I bought a Rigid 1-1/4" car vacuum set. It fits the ports on my two Porter Cable sanders. I append that to my regular 2-1/2" hose. Honestly, it's not as flexible as a Fein or Festool hose, but it was what I could afford at the time.

Later when I got a couple of tools designed for Euro adapters I bought this Fein adapter. I had to cut it down but the largest section fits the OD of the Rigid 1-1/4" and the ID of my Bosch slider and Festool saw. I am familiar with the high-pitched whine William described. It's part and parcel of having restricted flow on a powerful vacuum. Hence, I don't like to run it like that for more than a few minutes at a time. That usually works out because I don't do production work. The setup is also prone to clogging, so it's a good idea to take the hose loose and check it periodically.

When I bought the DD I also bought a second 2-1/2" hose because I intended to use it with my larger machines as well. So I would just add the 1-1/4" hose on to it.

IMG_20150228_092114.jpg IMG_20150228_091637.jpg. IMG_20150228_091828.jpg. IMG_20150228_091719.jpg IMG_20150228_091700.jpg
    Last edited by Charles Wiggins; 02-28-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey