Thread: Lever Clamp for Stationary Tools

Lever Clamp for Stationary Tools

Anyone have a source for lever clamps similar to the one shown (on my Powermatic Chain Mortiser)? I'm looking for several for another tool. I could always fabricate but trying to avoid that path. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

As Cort would say: Fools are the only folk on the earth who can absolutely count on getting what they deserve.

Rockler also has those T Track clamps that push against stops. Saw some Bessy push clamps as well. Nothing as large as the one in the first pic. If you have a machine with a groove for a miter gauge, maybe you could use a piece of T Track in the groove, and the t track clamps.

I'd check with MSC. Not sure they'll have it but they have a LOT of goodies and may have something close enough.

good luck,
    JeffD

A quick release drill press vise might work.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Folks:

Thanks to those of you responding with ideas.

Andrew's idea got me thinking about that option, and in the hunt I fount a cam action clamp by Valtra that looks like I could mount it on a dovetail slide to work. Not done hunting yet, but that was a great suggestion and the direction I'm looking right now. In fact, now that I'm hunting I see that MSC has some of this style as well.

Thinking of just making this dovetail key to leverage the existing track on the tool, and then building the clamp on top of it. Is there someone that makes dovetail keys in an assortment of sizes that I should be reaching out to? Looks like the angle is 64°/26° based on trig functions. I could also cut from mild steel, file to the right shape, and then weld on the stiffner.
    Attached Files Attached Files