Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner: Idiot of the Month Award

Re: The Idiot of the month award.

I try to pace myself and do a little everyday instead of one show stopper. I never win but I always feel as though the judges aren't paying attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    Note to Kent- This is how it's supposed to look:
    Attachment 308208

Got a call from the neighbor just after the holidays, rats had found their bird feeder to be the perfect smorgasbord, and our deck the perfect condominium. I call this a good start. I was going to put his head on a pike as a warning to the rest but my daughter thought it was disgusting. But then she thinks everything I do is disgusting, oh well.

By the way, claiming credit for idiot of the month is way premature. I'm sure I can top your weak attempt in two weeks or less.

Yesterday I was wrestling with my dog in the garage. He grabbed my glove and pulled me and my wheelchair out of the garage, across the driveway, into the snow filled yard. Then pulled sideways and toppled the whole mess over leaving me sprawled out in the snow. As these things go that makes it a fairly average day. But that was February so it doesn't count for March.

I promise to do better.

-Tom
    Now I'm laughing thats funny, hope you got out of the snow and back inside to warm house OK.
    I remember a long time ago getting into a wrestling match with my Black Lab at the time. I was lying on the bed and he came walking buy with my sweatshirt in his mouth , so naturally I reached out and grabbed it. He wasn't about to let go, he dug his front paws in,back end up in the air and he started shaking and yanking and backing up. Well hey I'm 6ft 230 and no dog is gonna beat me. WRONG!!! he just kept tugging and backing up ,pullling me off the bed on to the floor and across the bedroom floor. I'm laughing so hard the tears rolling down my face, I just could not hang on any more the dang dog won.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by mike mcilroy View Post
    Re: The Idiot of the month award.

I try to pace myself and do a little everyday instead of one show stopper.
    Nah, Mike. Screw that. Anybody can be a bit wrong, but to be entirely out of the picture takes focus.

When I mess something up, I am swinging for the fences,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Blog Entries
    Attention Ken Fitzgerald - Any suggestions for Kent as to what he should use as bait for his mouse trap?

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    ` Set one - and to test it, I grabbed a pencil......except I grabbed a black ink pen that was beside it.
    Just think, if you had grabbed the pencil, you would now be picking splinters out of your hands and face.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    Ok, I thinking this one might be a contender, except this may be last month's winner.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...now-it-s-funny

This thread contains a few more as well.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I definitely should NOT have read this thread at work. Even on my lunch break. That is all.

Regards, Marty
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity" - anon

Red face

Amateur.

My magnet fiasco was last month or I would have had you! On top of that my basement flooded when my well froze ON, and my wife ran into my shop with the car. I am really glad its a new month and you are taking over!

Congratulations!

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Edgerton; 03-02-2015 at 6:30 PM.

I was the Monthly Winner a few years back. I had about a dozen cans of spray paint up on the top of a metal storage rack in my basement. You know, up on the top shelf that you put seldom used items -- like spray paint cans in the winter.

I bumped the rack, a can of paint tumbled down, and hit the corner of my wooden benchtop. Punched the perfectly-sized hole to shoot a big stream of paint out. Worse, the can spun around from the jet stream of paint, spraying workbench, floor, and a bunch of aluminum bar clamps. The happy part of the story is that these were Harbor Freight clamps. I would have cried of they were my Bessey clamps. The concrete floor and workbench cleaned up pretty easily.

I'm entering my son-in-law. He came over this afternoon to "help" me buck up a grove of 70'+ Alder trees that I had dropped this morning. Within 30 minutes he had his saw out and proceeded to drop the last one on his fancy new Lexis (still has paper plates on it). Not "kind of grazed", he landed the sucker dead nuts on the top of the vechicle. Please understand that the car was 180 degrees in the opposite direction that the tree was supposed to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    My magnet fiasco was last month or I would have had you! On top of that my basement flooded when my well froze ON, and my wife ran into my shop with the car. I am really glad its a new month and you are taking over!
    Larry - in retrospect, we probably should have retired the award after your Feb experiences. The story about your wife still cracks me up - not your garage so much, but the conversation in the body shop later that day that sealed the deal.

Since we can't retire it, I think we should name it after you: The Idiot of the Month Edgerton = TIME Award. I think you're gonna wear this one, brudda.........

Quote Originally Posted by Paul McGaha View Post
    Attention Ken Fitzgerald - Any suggestions for Kent as to what he should use as bait for his mouse trap?
    Good question, brudda - that rat b****** has taken the peanut butter two night in a row without tripping the trap. Ima thinkin it is not a rat, just a field mouse that is not heavy enough to spring it, Might need a smaller hammer for this nail.............

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Just think, if you had grabbed the pencil, you would now be picking splinters out of your hands and face.
    Good point, Lee. As an update - a few minutes ago, I found a few shards of pen casing on the floor of the shop 20' away from the scene of the crime...and ink splotches on the bench and TS surfaces between the crime scene and those pieces.

This is still too funny. For me, at least. Hope I provided some slapstick humor to the rest of youse guys.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Why not? Nobody remembers Babe Ruth for how many times he struck out.

Nah, Mike. Screw that. Anybody can be a bit wrong, but to be entirely out of the picture takes focus.

Why not? Nobody remembers Babe Ruth for how many times he struck out.
    Hey Rod Carew made the HOF without swinging for the fences.
    So you're saying there's a chance... I hear ya.